Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 11:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by am0n [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately, it's definitely not for everyone. However, you can get used to it, and once you do the community and prospect for a vast amount of raid content (more than enough for everyone) will keep you there.
I just recently started a character (or 3). Can't mouse scroll for third person. Immersed.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by drktmplr12 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just recently started a character (or 3). Can't mouse scroll for third person. Immersed.
Is this client you speak of the OLD client that has like a tiny 2"x2" view screen in the middle?

I'm quite interested in trying the server out but I can't handle that ancient type of interface. Is there a screenshot example?
Last edited by Zill; 02-03-2016 at 06:52 PM..
Old 02-04-2016, 09:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
devs have already confirmed Luclin is coming at some point
People honestly need to understand that IH can be very sardonic, he knows there is no plan for Luclin release on this server . . . His sarcasm is quite obvious.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:24 AM
Sarnak

New fresh server b4 AA's and custom content imo.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ykede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The zones were great. Lots of tradable stuff and the Bazaar zone the old fashioned way pretty much rings classic to my ears!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-04-2016, 09:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this client you speak of the OLD client that has like a tiny 2"x2" view screen in the middle?

I'm quite interested in trying the server out but I can't handle that ancient type of interface. Is there a screenshot example?
It is not. It's a 2002ish client. Imagine Titanium, but without a few QoL features like mouse scroll to third person and tab targeting. They are features that the client just did not support back then. However, I've been in few situations (and I have several 60s) where tab targeting was a necessity (even as an Enc) and the lack of mouse scroll to third person just means you have to F9 a few times to get third person or switch to another box to look at your shiny new item. You get used to it quickly, and as I mentioned, the community and prospect for tons of new and interesting content will keep you there. People underestimate how important community can be to keeping you playing a game.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It starts off with Velious UI and support for higher resolutions. Just don't expect some of the features you have grown used to.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

That client is far better than ours for classic play.

Real enchanter's CC'd without using cycle targeting and real kiters kept track of their kites in F9 views not scrolled out 3rd person.

You also couldn't see your mana value in that client so you don't know exactly when you have barely enough mana to cast a spell, you have to stand and try it out.

Running forward doesn't get you out of spell book or sitting, you had to stand first before you ran.

Etc. etc.

The lack of a lot of these features is what made the game more challenging in classic, coupled with worse UIs and slower internet.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:00 AM
Kobold

Skip Luclin and go straight to PoP. Problem solved!
Old 02-04-2016, 11:19 AM
Banned

Play on the Phinigel TLP server (live) if you want something different. It's in Classic still and should be in Kunark beginning of March...3 month expansion unlocks...My plan is to play through PoP and then probably hang it up.

I am maining a Monk until I can make my Beastlord. TLP is VERY friendly to the casual player, so who knows, I may end up doing it for longer. With the instanced raiding the loot is
Closed Thread