Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2020, 11:10 AM
Kobold

Just get 2 Silver Chitin Wristbands for the time being, and attend scout when you are able and don't stress over it. My warrior had ToV drop before I ever won my first scout roll.
Large Rat

Quote:
But this isn't my point - my point isn't that I "need" it to do my job, my point is that the # of people present at scout roll literally never goes down.
And it never will as long as people are still playing on this server and making new characters, whether those are alts or new players. It looks like you have a 60 necro so I guess this isn't your first character, why judge others for wanting to get loot for their alts when that's what you are doing?
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:
Originally Posted by zula [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you have a suggestion for how scout roll can be improved?
To answer your question: No, I don't have a suggestion for how scout roll can be improved. But this is not the sub-forum for constructive criticism is it? There's literally no system, short of the GMs for some irrational reason intervening, to "improve" scout roll or make it "fair."

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 05-05-2020, 11:12 AM
Kobold

Your tank is an iksar the bracer wont help make him adequate
Old 05-05-2020, 11:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zula [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And it never will as long as people are still playing on this server and making new characters, whether those are alts or new players. It looks like you have a 60 necro so I guess this isn't your first character, why judge others for wanting to get loot for their alts when that's what you are doing?
I mean...the robe isn't exactly great or necessary for gearing up to take on more difficult content. Bracers, on the other hand, are pretty much ideal for every melee class considering the multitude of stats on them. So, I'm not "getting one for my alts," as I never sat there with Neph in the first place and have not won a single scout roll.

At the end of the day, bear in mind, this is just a rant.

Old 05-05-2020, 11:13 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
At the end of the day, bear in mind, this is just a rant.
Fair enough, have at it!
Old 05-05-2020, 11:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your tank is an iksar the bracer wont help make him adequate
Listen, buddy. By executive decision, grats Bladefrenzy.

Old 05-05-2020, 11:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHydras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks, COVID-19. Every day of Scout Roll there has been 1 more person present than the last roll. I'm honestly thinking of giving up before I even win my first roll.

This facet of P99 isn't interesting, exciting, or remotely challenging when everyone brings their 4th alt because they have nothing else to do.
Haha I hear ya.. Unfortunately to be the greatest at EQ, it's all about having more time on your hands than the next guy...…. This is still the best game ever!
Old 05-05-2020, 11:17 AM
Kobold

Also remember, back in the click-fest days this was unobtainable by most people. Being able to roll and have all these people help you kill Captain is a luxury.
Old 05-05-2020, 11:18 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

hi im new to eq. will winning scout rolls make my ranger a viable thing instead of just another dicksucking epic begging leech? if not don't cry about this bracer, cry about rangers.
Closed Thread