Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2020, 11:49 PM
Sarnak

Nice people don't belong in the UN.
Old 10-27-2020, 11:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akg49 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly Galach. He's not allowing people to just... discuss, and hes actively trying to keep have the server's raid guilds from 1. crafting base server raid rules, and 2. not letting them have an equal vote on the passing of these raid rules, or 3. even take part in these discussions.

Very surprising behavior for a server guide. I think Menden, and maybe even his superiors, will need to step in if partiality is not going to be granted, and legit p99 blue raid guilds are going to be left out of the decision making process.

The idea that just because the 3 most toxic guilds are the ones that need to work things out between themselves that means that guilds like Kittens, TSS, AEGIS, and others (who have raided here for many years) are not allowed their say or vote is disturbing to say the least.
Old 10-28-2020, 12:19 AM
Kobold

Doesn't Freedom have the most unneeded voices in the UN?
Old 10-28-2020, 12:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naonak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn't Freedom have the most unneeded voices in the UN?
Freedom, per our own proposal, has agreed to limit our speakers in UN. It's one of the reasons I will no longer be participating. Thank goodness too, the fewer the better.
Old 10-28-2020, 01:02 AM
Banned

Whenever there is an authority figure absent, people will continue to push the envelope to see what they can get away with, just like children do when their parents are out of town for the weekend or insert obvious analogy <here>.

Blue was abandoned at Green launch for more than half a year with virtually no GM's around. A rivalry formed within Riot and those folks chose to leave with their mission statement being "take Riot out".

So began the game of skullfuckery. The pattern of escalation was clear, the blatant disregard for server rules was clear, the mentality of wanting to go back in time to the "Golden Girls" age was upon us: "Fraps or it didn't happen", training everything in NToV, "FTE Locks please", and "Unroot Dragons, it'll solve everything!" all the while lacking the intestinal fortitude to admit when you or your members performed a blatant violation against the well established rules or acting naive when it suited your purposes, let alone showing some integrity or class.

At what point did a GM say to himself, "maybe I should get a handle on this situation as the sheer amount of petitions flowing in is multiplying exponentially"? What course of action was decided upon to attempt to rewind this doomsday clock?

One pop into NToV during a cycle and one can easily see for yourself what's going on and this behavior could have been significantly reined in and squashed with some authority, yet, it never happened. Why not? It's in the best interest of the GM's to establish authority. Those couple of hours investment could have saved you 100 hours of reading petitions or having 400 people arriving at this foreseeable scenario with no end in sight.

Establish presence, set the tone and reinforce well established precedents or make new ones, not "handle it yourselves". You seriously want people with obvious animosity and ongoing disrespect towards one another to "figure it out"? That's like asking the Iranians to accept the Jewish state of Israel.

This was not good leadership on display here. At what point will someone with some authority step in and take charge of the situation? Its what's needed. You wanted to be in charge, Take Charge and usher in a new era of end game raiding on Blue that will be your legacy.
Old 10-28-2020, 01:04 AM
Kobold

#BringBackSirken
Old 10-28-2020, 01:23 AM
Sarnak

Itt : salty Criots pointing fingers at freedom with toxic comments

You couldn't help to get baited lol
Old 10-28-2020, 01:24 AM
Kobold

The only people who think that Kittens is in a tier with Freedom are people who don't raid, or delusional Kittens who will probably jump to Riot soon. If you're such a great raiding guild where have you been the last year and a half? My respect for Kittens dwindles. You're not competition yet. When you have the ability to compete for mobs, and those mobs will be Riot's, we'll see how deep your relationship is with that guild.

I see that Riot is Petyr Baylish in this fight. Playing the victim against a man they have continually slandered as a habitual rule breaker, Detoxx, just to manipulate anyone, to get an edge in negotiations. You want rotations when it benefits you in areas that you were weak against the F/AG alliance, you want to break up the F/AG alliance because you hate how it has kicked your ass. You want rule changes to end tactics that allowed us to take mobs from you. If you can't negotiate this, you'd rather stall negotiations, all the while claiming it is Freedoms fault. I think the staff and everyone else but Kittens sees right through this, it's so obvious. It seems weird that a person with such high raid attendance suddenly has something happening irl. Getting sanctimonious about it is par for course for all the speakers I have seen from Riot.

Before I read the UN I might have agreed with Riot's assessment on many things about Freedom and Detoxx, but now that you have exposed yourself and your angle, I think I'd rather deal with a server ruleset decided by Detoxx than anything decided by Riot.

The GM's said in there statement that the petitions were a "waste of time", and some of those, in fact most of those
Old 10-28-2020, 01:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoggren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My respect for Kittens dwindles.
That's rich lol. How are you guys this delusional? You do know Freedom are about as popular around the server as Covid-19, right? I wouldn't bring up respect :P

I really feel for Freedom members. Seriously, it sucks that you are dragged along with Detoxx/Furoar. I know a good number of ex-ghxst people and ex-AM and I know 99% of you are cool people. Guess we'll see in a month or two, the question then will be "all we really gained was one warrior, was it worth it?"
Old 10-28-2020, 01:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyborg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank goodness too, the fewer the better.
The Green UN was much more efficient when it was two(or less) per guild. The more voices the more b.s. happens. Less people making noise makes for less to keep up on. The opposite is also true.

Who watches CSPAN to make sure elected representatives are behaving? Anyone?

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Closed Thread