Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 07:18 PM
Planar Protector

Default Need Guide ruling - Please end the madness

Ok, so I understand why we have rules on this server. Half the population are neckbearding lawyerquesters, but the Sebelis/Trakanon rules are so outdated it makes me want to vomit.

100% of guilds COTH race to Trakanon, there is no other viable way to kill and contest him on this server, its been like this forever. Even if you had your entire raid force logged in at the entrance ready to go and knew the exact time he would spawn, I very much doubt you could beat the "normal" COTH race to Trakanon.

For the love of god can we please get the "OK" to XP in Seb while Trak is in window?
If you want a quick pick up group, Seb is about the only 55+ option there is. I dont always have time to put a group together and travel half way across the world. Most raiders who are contesting raid mobs have multiple (5-10?) level 50+ characters. We all know what not to do, just allow us to be past the zone line when he is in window and keep the requirement of having to zone out or switch to a different character.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 12-28-2018, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

inb4 (sorry you no XP)
#FreeWuTang
Old 12-28-2018, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

sorry you got gm banned and won't get answer

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 12-28-2018, 07:44 PM
Planar Protector

My understanding is that you could always zone out and re-enter the zone to negate this. The problem is that there will always be one person that doesn't do it and ruin it for everyone. Hence why guilds don't risk it.
most
Maybe they should just not allow anyone to XP in the lower level starting at the jail to prevent guilds pre-clearing it?

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Last edited by Oleris; 12-28-2018 at 07:47 PM..
Old 12-28-2018, 07:45 PM
Banned

it's a good rule. opens up good camps for regular people.

i do not consent
Old 12-28-2018, 07:50 PM
Fire Giant

"madness"
Old 12-28-2018, 08:20 PM
Planar Protector

Farm juggs while Socking trak sounds like a good strat
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 12-28-2018, 08:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, so I understand why we have rules on this server. Half the population are neckbearding lawyerquesters, but the Sebelis/Trakanon rules are so outdated it makes me want to vomit.

100% of guilds COTH race to Trakanon, there is no other viable way to kill and contest him on this server, its been like this forever. Even if you had your entire raid force logged in at the entrance ready to go and knew the exact time he would spawn, I very much doubt you could beat the "normal" COTH race to Trakanon.

For the love of god can we please get the "OK" to XP in Seb while Trak is in window?
If you want a quick pick up group, Seb is about the only 55+ option there is. I dont always have time to put a group together and travel half way across the world. Most raiders who are contesting raid mobs have multiple (5-10?) level 50+ characters. We all know what not to do, just allow us to be past the zone line when he is in window and keep the requirement of having to zone out or switch to a different character.
Agree, make a poll for it. Aside from being at Fungi King I don't see how other common camps in Sebilis are really any faster to make it to Trakanon. Even King, it's sketchy for most classes to take advantage. IMO just let everyone park on the mountain, the rule has way more detriment (hurts leveling 50s) than benefit (competitive raiding)
Old 12-28-2018, 08:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Farm juggs while Socking trak sounds like a good strat
That is precisely why this rule is in place. Chest Rockwall of <BDA> pulled this maneuver and fucked over the entire server in the process maybe 4-5 years ago so they made more ridiculous rules to keep people away from camping on spawn points
#FreeWuTang
Old 12-28-2018, 11:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is precisely why this rule is in place. Chest Rockwall of <BDA> pulled this maneuver and fucked over the entire server in the process maybe 4-5 years ago so they made more ridiculous rules to keep people away from camping on spawn points
Poopsocking was just a way for guilds that couldn't mobilize as fast to have a chance at a big target, it wasn't against rules on live. I'd say the blame lies more on the people who threw a fit over Chest and BDA poopsocking for a Trak kill.
Rustymule - EC trader

RED
Node Red - [ANONYMOUS]
Chun Li - [ANONYMOUS]
Closed Thread