Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2019, 06:57 AM
Fire Giant

Default Staying logged in to hold a camp

tbh I was really just trolling this guy, because it's late (I know this because I typed `heheh` like an idiot) and I was up far too long getting my guise tonight. But his responses are pretty funny. As far as I remember, you have to be logged in to camp a mob. I showed up, no one was here. He logged in and claimed it was his camp. I don't deny I'm being a little jerky, but I just want some magic booties so I can do a flying kick in lower guk. He has been talking more, and now trained me because he was "splitting" but he's more effort than he's worth. Anyway, these made me laugh a little, and I'm going to bed. OP didn't even try to take his mobs.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-20-2019, 07:03 AM
Aviak

"In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the*placeholders (or the room if there are no placeholders) cleared, within the same zone, do not die or log off."

Sorry Devorador, try not to be nice next time by helping transfer items for a guildie.
Old 12-20-2019, 07:25 AM
Fire Giant

You leave the camp, you forfeit the camp if someone else shows up. That is a basic fucking fact of EQ. Dude took the risk for whatever reason, allegedly. Best thing to do for mental health is assume camp will be taken when you return. If it is still open and still shows your ass marks on the ground, great!

If someone is there, bummer, but ya know what? Your happy ass was already ready for that eventuality. Yessir, you now have options like making a midnight snack for your twin toddlers, trolling profootballtalk.com or looking for hot single MILF dates. The world is your oyster!

Likely though, dude logged off hours ago and was hoping to scam his way into that rad-fuck camp.
Old 12-20-2019, 07:31 AM
Fire Giant

And LOGED FORAFRIEND would be a fantastic character name.
Old 12-20-2019, 08:23 AM
Sarnak

Playing the petition card very fast. Does that threat work that well? I mean there was virtually no negotiating whatsoever... just immediately cry to someone.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 12-20-2019, 08:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Playing the petition card very fast. Does that threat work that well? I mean there was virtually no negotiating whatsoever... just immediately cry to someone.
Not sure I like your tone friend, reporting this post.
Old 12-20-2019, 10:35 AM
Kobold

Similar situation/different area but the opposition tried to contest for like 10 spawns. It was nice having someone pull aggro while I won the DPS race every time. The highlight was when they tried to cure poison the mob thinking it would remove my dot. <3 harf
Old 12-20-2019, 01:37 PM
Kobold

Sorry Devorador, you lost this one.

While I never believe anyone who "loged fora friend" as to why they weren't actively watching the camp, you might have tried, /guild "Sorry GuildNoob, I'd love to loged fora friend xfer you, but I might lose this camp. If it can wait until I'm done neckbearing for 47 hours, I'll help you out."
Old 12-20-2019, 07:23 PM
Planar Protector

I'm telling Uncle Llandris, just you wait
Old 12-20-2019, 07:41 PM
Sarnak

Devorador is one of the nicest dudes I've met on Teal.

Kindness goes a long way. As you might have seen, he seemed willing to share some boots if you would have been chill with him.

tsk tsk