Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 03:42 AM
Banned

hate to say it but the name filter allowed my chars name Pedophile
Old 11-18-2011, 05:52 AM
Sarnak

Vanguard was a great game like a year after release. I picked it back up and was amazed at how much it had improved.

My first month or so playing the FFA pvp server was a giant fail. 1 Shots all over the place in pvp. Pets were bugged to shit. The only quest were basically repeatables you had to grind over and over. There was almost 0 content past 40. Pathing was terrible. There were entire caves/dungeons I would find with nothing in it. Named mobs were too rare or non existent. It was pretty fucking bad . . . especially with all the hype the game had. The first week I was like omg best game. Then I realized how unfinished it really was. Newbie zones were pretty fun though. It really did sorta feel like the real EQ2.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:01 AM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Truth Send a message via AIM to Truth Send a message via MSN to Truth Send a message via Yahoo to Truth

I played the vanguard beta pvp server on my piece of shit 900mhz 1gb ram 256vram. Ran and looked horrible at 800x600 with everything off. I was the ranger or whatever and I just went exploring and came across like a high level mage thing with a rotting humanoid things corpse. Looted fat twink sword and went back to noobie cave and camped it for like 3 days dominating ez pz. Then they nerfed my sword and I quit.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played the vanguard beta pvp server on my piece of shit 900mhz 1gb ram 256vram. Ran and looked horrible at 800x600 with everything off. I was the ranger or whatever and I just went exploring and came across like a high level mage thing with a rotting humanoid things corpse. Looted fat twink sword and went back to noobie cave and camped it for like 3 days dominating ez pz. Then they nerfed my sword and I quit.
seems good
Old 11-18-2011, 06:49 AM
Aviak

Brads new project is himslef projecting his jiz onto his lap dancer. hes still got the Vanguard subs paying for his women haha
Old 11-18-2011, 08:27 AM
Planar Protector

vanguard concept was great, the world was immence and i really enjoyed the idea they had setup for pvp.

the day brad had to leave it all changed instantly, i think it took soe about 3 days to setup their no corpse run system in pvp death, and then 1 week after that they made plane of knowledge in all major cities so travel was a joke.

the only really bad thing i never liked about vanguard (prior to soe takeover) was the character animations, it looked just like soe/luclin.

whoever made the models/animations for classic everquest is a genius and knew exactly what he was doing.
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:30 AM
Fire Giant

The art of vanguard was fail. It was ok, but it just didn't feel like it had a particularly good style.

EQ up through velious had it going in. Wow accomplished this perfectly.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:30 AM
Banned

I was amazed and disappointed when Kringe told me Vanguard's database security was even worse than EQ's. It's like they didn't learn anything. Hate that it failed I loved that game.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:11 AM
Project Manager

2 Destructions? sup sup

http://vgplayers.station.sony.com/ch...Id=51539726404
Old 11-18-2011, 10:52 AM
Sarnak

Vanguard was fail

great game but the exploits made it stupid

trade window anyone?
Closed Thread