Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 05:45 PM
Fire Giant

If this is your first monk I highly suggest eventually getting groups and practicing pulling or at the very least practice pulling yourself in dungeons and know how to get a single.

Other than that, at 35 you're gonna wanna use your tstaff. You will start riposting for higher damage and getting riposted less by having a bigger delay. You really just need to worry about 20-25. Which you can do mistmoore canyon(between pond and graveyard) and get it over with quickly or you can do orcs in oasis or you can try upper guk stuff.

At 25 go to high keep and kill guards, you can vendor there and bank there and you can level from 25-40 there easy and make about 7-8k Plat which can pay for your ot hammer and ports later on. At 40 go do tundra yetis, they respawn fast and easily the best experience from 40-45. At 45 you can either do bats and bugs in solb or you can do com solo (might be able to get buffs there) or you can do lguk solo if you have good magic resist or just do minotaurs with the added bonus of camping raster if you plan to do that quest (if you just get a kill squad for bro z you still might want to get another robe so you can have the lost circle robe with epic, the haste doesn't stack but the str and ac do and its great for soloing). Once you hit 50 you can go back to com and try temple or 2nd floor or you can keep doing bats and bugs in solb. Your can also try your hand at doing drolvargs at KC entrance. Technically you could solo 50-60 but it's way faster with a duo partner then you can hit up turnkey in KC or do HS or even duo Kedge keep/freeti in solb.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:52 PM
Fire Giant

Uguk is great ZEM and at 20 you should be able to kick some ass in there. I play during off hours and there's never anyone there. Can't say how crowded it gets during prime time.

+1 vote for permafrost too. Noone ever goes there and its a fun zone.

A monk twink is a great way to explore zones you haven't seen before. FD and a fungi makes you pretty godlike at lower levels. So that'd be my recommendation. Enjoy the ride.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:11 AM
Sarnak

How come nobody talks about Dalnir when it comes to monks ??
Catastilye - Gnome Necro - 4
Sabany - Half-Elf Warrior - 8 - < Auld Lang Syne >
Aaemo - Erudite Shadow Knight - 6 - < Auld Lang Syne >
Borbama - Troll Shaman - 2
Keibrariza - Iksar Warrior - 4 < Auld Lang Syne >
Old 09-14-2017, 03:15 AM
Planar Protector

Dalnir isn't such an easy zone. It doesn't help that not many people have experience of navigating / the quirks of the zone. It's not somewhere you can just stroll into and have a good time.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtraball [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Too many dots, too many casters...it's annoying :/
Old 09-14-2017, 07:30 AM
Planar Protector

Kurns to 20.

Karanas from 20 to 30.

Sol A or Highkeep from 30 to 40 (give or take depending on gear) are by far the holy grail of the mid levels for a monk.

After that, the yetis in Dreadlands until 45.

Then Ogre guards/Spectres/Hill Giants rotate between all three depending on whats open until 51.

At 51 your soloing starts to diminish rapidly. But Highkeep nobles are good until 54. Bats in Sol B are good but very heavily camped.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:21 AM
Planar Protector

Once you have epic, at probably 52 you can solo at the pit in the Hole (helps to have the summon shuriken bracer for pulling). You can even get +paineel faction in the warrens, learn the sneak / flop route to paineel teleporter to vendor and restock bandages.

For the Hole solo pro, can make a low level gnome magician that worships brell. Spend about 1k in bone chips to hand in Kaladim for easy exp to 12. Once you get bind you can really help yourself solo as a monk. Can create a low level pet to train away mobs, camp over, then run quick on your monk to a safe spot and flop until they path back. Great for navigating (but careful not to train anyone). You also can summon stacks of bandages easy and drop xfer them.

Can even drop xfer your goods and sell em in paineel (requires a bit more time investment, like your mage farming warrens faction).

I soloed every bit of exp from 56-60 in the Hole, I parsed my log and I made around 56k in vendor trash and Loam / Smoldering brand drops. (Yes, I had a Brell factioned wizard that i can drop xfer to, port to WC, and sell on my EC mule... I have Hole love issues).

Loam prices have fallen about half since I was there, but still get some good quick sells out of it. Need some root nets to take out some of the named reliably, they can be beasts.

Recommend packing +MR / +FR sets for the casters, I tried to get 110 MR and 150 FR to get reliable resists and minimal damage. Epic a must to interrupt casting too.

My main reason for taking this solo route is I had very sporadic play time and had to take frequent AFKs (new baby). So duoing / grouping wasn't an option, so worked perfect for me. Camps were almost totally uncontested.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dalnir isn't such an easy zone. It doesn't help that not many people have experience of navigating / the quirks of the zone. It's not somewhere you can just stroll into and have a good time.
I don't know how Crescent Armor ranks anymore, but I know this zone used to be loved by monks. But it is a screwy magic/maze/trap zone that you kind of have to learn if you want to survive.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:01 AM
Sarnak

For the difficulty, Dalnir isn't worth it, especially as a solo monk. I can't imagine Crescent armor is all that good anymore
Old 09-15-2017, 08:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtraball [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Casters, pet caster classes, very close spawns until you get deeper in the dungeon and even then there's only like 2 areas where the spawns aren't super close and you're not wasting time splitting.
Closed Thread