Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: Overall, how pleased are you with the project?
1 1 0.33%
2 1 0.33%
3 1 0.33%
4 2 0.66%
5 3 0.99%
6 7 2.31%
7 15 4.95%
8 62 20.46%
9 81 26.73%
10 130 42.90%
Voters: 303. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Kobold

Default hmm.. 10!!

honestly how could u give this project anything but a 10? that would be harder to explain i think. these people are basically philanthropists.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:22 AM
Fire Giant

You're doing an awesome job, 10/10 thank you!
Old 03-31-2010, 02:13 PM
Aviak

10 because I'm enjoying playing on this server so much. You have truly recaptured the magic of Classic EQ in a way I never thought possible. I know there are still bugs to be worked out and things to be fixed...but as for how much I'm enjoying the project so far it's a 10 without a doubt.
Allabahallaban - Iksar Monk
<Azure Guard>
Old 03-31-2010, 04:22 PM
Large Bat

7 because too many non classic things from live EQ included and too many improvements tossed out to make it visually classic. I'm after the game play of classic and it is sort of here. But having a teraflop capable video card with graphics that didn't really send me 11 years ago seems a tad bit like wanting to go to the park you loved but in a horse and buggy when you could drive...

Inclusion of hell levels? Right on I love it was always a right of passage.
Inclusion of classic icons that are the same for far too many spells? Would find it far preferable if that was optional. I can't really pour through 8000 plus lines of code to find where that is coded thus making it all but impossible to use better,more detailed icons.

Seems like these choices are more about recapturing high school/college days of youth(as majority of people I've talked to are in that 30 something range)then enjoying the game play of classic EQ? I was in my 40's when the game game out.

Just 11 years back to me ~shrug~.

My 2 cps which is probably what all this typing was worth =)
Last edited by Arksa_Apocrypha; 03-31-2010 at 08:36 PM.. Reason: SC
Old 03-31-2010, 04:48 PM
Sarnak

9.5 - I have been looking for this experience for a long time...who said you cant go back...

Thanks P1999 - I have found what I have failed to find in current games, cant beat the Evercrack!

ps: I find myself wanting to take off work to play...eep!
Old 03-31-2010, 07:02 PM
Aviak

The server is great but I have to give it a point drop right now,

The common place server lagouts followed by lots of deaths, CRs, and groups dissolving because of the data center. Yes I know it may not be project 1999s fault but its hurting my over all experience. Lost good groups to it, lost exp to it, and a few good gaming hours gone to waste.

My other big problem is this stacking bug and vendor selling problem that was introduced Sunday Morning. I have not been playing intensely since the patch but the stackable issues and stuff thats going along with it is very irritating. Ive wanted to start a necromancer but its probably not a good time now with bone chip stacks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Waiting on this one to be fixed.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:52 PM
Aviak

Default Depends

I give the server a 9/10 when the servers are working, when they are lagging and DC'ing I give it a 0/10. The server is cool, its the only option for quality Classic Experience as close as possible to getting it. I understand as its a free server the lag is something that will come, as the admins are generating just donations to keep the server running lag free.

All in All, good server, if they work out the lag issues, it will be a great server. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-25-2010, 09:43 PM
Kobold

I give it 10/10. It's not perfect, but it beats the competition by a mile. Keep up to great work guys.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:28 AM
Skeleton

10/10 for sure

It's been like experiencing EQ all over again, really fantastic thanks for providing it.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

9/10- And I will tell you why!

The development, GM, admin team has been absolutely phenominal! They are doing this for free but they seem to go out of their way to help the population! That speaks for a lot!

The server itself is incredible! Sure, there are some things that I wish were in the game, like boats and older graphic models, but it is what it is and this is an experience we will not find anywhere else at the present moment!

The reason why I gave it a 9 out of a 10 was because of the global ooc and auc channels. The newer sky models and newer wolf models and translocaters are not killing my "classic experience", but the global ooc and auc channels are!

Oh well, you can't always get what you want! Great job to the development/admin team of Project 1999! Thank you for allowing me to relive the glory days!!