Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-08-2020, 07:26 AM
Aviak

Default Highres 4X HD for classic

I've been working on finishing a whole set of s3d files for Classic and a few Kunark zones have been completed. I was trying to work on Psycher's post here Inspirational start Post. Sadly the compiled work there was not consistent through the zones. A lot was Lowres and some Highres and it was just a mess. So I completed the Classic project of Highres 4X.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Highres 4X HD

All of the zones, and many of the Objects and Characters have been viewed and tested. However, If you find any issues with Zones, Objects, or Characters in Classic zones. Please tell me and I'll get it corrected. I don't raid or go to the Planes so I'll need someone who's been point any inconsistencies out.

Imgur Album of Highres 4X HD in no order
Old 02-08-2020, 01:05 PM
Orc

Very nice work, looking forward to Kunark and beyond =)
Old 02-08-2020, 09:53 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Thulghor Send a message via MSN to Thulghor Send a message via Yahoo to Thulghor

This is great. Thank you very much.
<The Second Sons> (former member of <Vesica Dei>, <Evoluxa>)

Green Server: Khargulkaronarr - Troll Shadowknight of Cazic Thule - <Asgard>, Mordwin - Human Paladin of Erollisi Marr

(Once Upon a Time: Alarik of the Brell Serilis server)
Old 02-13-2020, 01:43 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Thulghor Send a message via MSN to Thulghor Send a message via Yahoo to Thulghor

You weren't kidding when you said it might increase load times. Even with putting my entire P1999 EQ install on a RAMDrive it still takes a good twenty to thirty seconds to zone. Oh well, worth it.

So far it looks great, only found one thing so far in North Freeport that was kinda odd. I haven't checked very many places though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/emruxyi9v9...00747.bmp?dl=0
<The Second Sons> (former member of <Vesica Dei>, <Evoluxa>)

Green Server: Khargulkaronarr - Troll Shadowknight of Cazic Thule - <Asgard>, Mordwin - Human Paladin of Erollisi Marr

(Once Upon a Time: Alarik of the Brell Serilis server)
Old 02-13-2020, 06:26 AM
Aviak

Yeah I tried to fix the maps but it will take a digital artist with photo shop to correct. If I was good at that I would. I did the best I could with assets within the game and minor touches.
Old 02-13-2020, 07:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quylein [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been working on finishing a whole set of s3d files for Classic and a few Kunark zones have been completed. I was trying to work on Psycher's post here Inspirational start Post. Sadly the compiled work there was not consistent through the zones. A lot was Lowres and some Highres and it was just a mess. So I completed the Classic project of Highres 4X.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Highres 4X HD

All of the zones, and many of the Objects and Characters have been viewed and tested. However, If you find any issues with Zones, Objects, or Characters in Classic zones. Please tell me and I'll get it corrected. I don't raid or go to the Planes so I'll need someone who's been point any inconsistencies out.

Imgur Album of Highres 4X HD in no order
REPPED
Old 02-21-2020, 02:03 AM
Aviak

Lightbulb

I've uploaded Kunark, The Zone's, Character files and Objects have all been upscaled much like the Classic files. Minor corrections where needed and some Lowres files were used as it kept the Flavor of the original more intact with what Classic should be.

I've reviewed All the zones and objects within EQzoneviewer, I've seen issues and cleaned up and corrected many, many files. However, I could only log on to see Character files and worked with the tools I had. I've been attempting to figure out LanternEQ to see if I could compile character models and ensure they are displaying correctly.

With that, if there are any Character files (or zone/object) issues don't hesitate to post and I'll get them corrected. I'm now currently working on Velious and hope to have the full set of s3d's upscaled by the end of the Month or sometime early March.

There have been several updates on classic files as well, much to do with transparencies. aprox download now is 5.5gigs.
Highres 4X HD

I've also updated some more Globals and upscaled globalFroglok_chr files as well. The files have kept all EQclassicHD files so there is no need to worry about losing or overwriting them. (unless you patchv53 and overwrite the s3d files within p99 folder)
Globals
Old 02-23-2020, 01:48 PM
Kobold

so great. thank you!
Old 02-23-2020, 04:03 PM
Orc

Thumbs up

Agreed =)

Looking forward to Water updates (if needed) for Kunark and down the road Velious to complete this set.

Keep up the good work =)
Old 02-23-2020, 10:39 PM
Aviak

working on velious and the water and should have Velious by end of week these files went smother. The water takes a bit more