Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 08:58 AM
Kobold

This accusation is Egregious...

This post is Egregious....

This reply is Egregious...

Any further comments are..... Egregious...
Old 03-13-2020, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

I just have one more egregious response then...

Quote:
TBH when i first saw it was someone in <Black Lotus> that was trying to price gouge, there was one name on my mind.....

Mannastone.
My heart sank when I heard a BL app potentially scammed someone. But when I read this post my heart welled up with pride that one of our apps landed one of the rarest items in game, and had the courage to set the price he believed in, despite the naysayers.

I've called my local news station for them to put on this human interest story. I will narrate, and there will be the obligatory dramatic music, and scene where Rezon walks down the sidewalk holding his shield looking pensive as I ask him questions about his experience.

A story of triumph against the RNG odds.
A story of courage and fighting for the price you believe in.
A story of EverQuest.
---The Scute Shield----
Old 03-13-2020, 11:02 AM
Banned

The fact that the guy was trying to sell it for 18k is proof enough he was scamming. Not sure anything else needs to be said. Glad the wiki is fixed.
Old 03-13-2020, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The fact that the guy was trying to sell it for 18k is proof enough he was scamming. Not sure anything else needs to be said. Glad the wiki is fixed.
You're right - only your price is the true price. Everyone else is a scammer. I bet you get great deals pitching that in the tunnel.

Fix the wiki? What was wrong with it?

I've only checked posts after 2012, but there is zero deceptive information on the Scute Shield wiki page. Can see for yourself https://wiki.project1999.com/index.p...action=history

People added more info to make it clear the illusion isn't a part of the item, but neither the item description and nor the text (in the last 8 years) ever said it's an illusion clicky.

Conclusion:
+1 DMN Points for egregiously calling someone a scammer because you don't like their price
-1 Wiki Points point for an ignorant comment on wiki being "fixed" when it was never "broke"
Old 03-13-2020, 05:03 PM
Sarnak

I don't see where anyone trying to sell the shield actually said it gives an illusion. All I see is OP misread something and didn't like the price and thought they'd come here to try to White Knight-it against someone they don't like.

When P99 first opened I sold a couple of these for between 6-8k to collectors and SK's that wanted it before Kunark, but I can't see there being enough of a market for 18k. Most people in-game have no idea it exists or what a bitch getting one can be because it's not an amazing item. The time invested wasn't worth the reward, but I was hell-bent on figuring out the spawn at the time.
Old 03-13-2020, 08:23 PM
Planar Protector

Im just glad Dunedigger is causing a commotion because that's some classic stuff right there.

scute scuuute!
Old 03-13-2020, 09:37 PM
Planar Protector

Lol @ people saying "it's rare" as a justification for that absurd price. Rarity is irrelevant if the item sucks.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

It was always a very high priced item, I always figured the stamina and ac was very good for a tank back then? + it's rarity I guess. /shrug
Old 03-13-2020, 10:08 PM
Planar Protector

It's kinda rare. It's an awesome item pre 50.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was always a very high priced item, I always figured the stamina and ac was very good for a tank back then? + it's rarity I guess. /shrug
I mean, stamina gives so little hp in the lower levels. I'd use even darkwood shield over this.