Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2020, 07:40 PM
Kobold

Default Cheap Bard Gear suggestions!

I am BRAND new to P99! Not EQ though and completely hooked.

Looking for suggestions for good starter gear I’m currently rocking one piece of cloth and my instruments (lvl 12) quad kiting in unrest. I have 60pp saved up from selling my CB belts before I moved to unrest at lvl 8. I am human, that makes a difference for some gear. I know I want to get a full set of banded and maybe some like golden jade bracelets, but is there anything else like certain pieces under 50-100pp each that I should be striving for that will be very good for me with stats/hp?

Thanks in advance to the P99 pros.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:42 PM
Kobold

Oh I should note I plan on quadding or grouping using instrument utility/twisting so I’d rather spend money on better armor and instruments than weapons unless there’s some good ones realllly cheap.
Old 03-25-2020, 03:46 AM
Planar Protector

Grab up a gypsy lute and a mistmoore drum for 50-100p each as soon as you can afford them (probably lute first for better regen). Banded armor should hold you just fine, or even bronze if you have the strength to use it and not be encumbered.

As far as bard stats, hp/ac/resists are a safe bet since survival > all. Throw in some str to boost your carry capacity so you can equip plate without being encumbered and you're pretty set.

There are 2 drops from upper guk from the froglok warden that are dirt-cheap because they are bard/rogue only and have pretty good stats. I've seen them each in the 20-50p range. Also, Clawed Knuckle-Ring are only 20p or so and an awesome investment for a low/mid level character.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:11 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grab up a gypsy lute and a mistmoore drum for 50-100p each as soon as you can afford them (probably lute first for better regen). Banded armor should hold you just fine, or even bronze if you have the strength to use it and not be encumbered.

As far as bard stats, hp/ac/resists are a safe bet since survival > all. Throw in some str to boost your carry capacity so you can equip plate without being encumbered and you're pretty set.

There are 2 drops from upper guk from the froglok warden that are dirt-cheap because they are bard/rogue only and have pretty good stats. I've seen them each in the 20-50p range. Also, Clawed Knuckle-Ring are only 20p or so and an awesome investment for a low/mid level character.
This is great advice!!! I was however told that the store bought lute vs the Mistmoore lute has zero difference in regen and that it would not effect my dot until lvl 32 bc the mod was small enough that it doesn’t round anything up until then? The drums I definitely want!
Old 03-25-2020, 11:13 AM
Fire Giant

they both are better, you can buy them from me if u like?
Old 03-25-2020, 04:37 PM
Kobold

Got a full set of banded today! Night and day difference.
Closed Thread