Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2023, 10:38 PM
Kobold

I feel like I remember getting the TAKP client from them. Not 100% sure though.
Old 08-09-2023, 11:05 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, you're not wrong. As a way to remediate this issue, we removed the AK bonus and removed the PoP experience bonuses until mid-Planes of Power.

The Velious-era experience bonus for grouping will be enabled, however. (4% per player, up to 20%)
You beautiful son of a bitch that's what I like to hear.
Last edited by Delfofthebla; 08-09-2023 at 11:13 PM..
Old 08-09-2023, 11:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welp I've built up enough faction from my wife, time to take a hit.

Secondly, how are we going to be logging onto this server ? through TAKP client or ?
iirc if you have TAKP installed (can get it from their website) then you will be able to log into Project Quarm from the EQEMU server select

Secrets also made a cross-platform (windows or mac) standalone client launcher that works on TAKP

chances are that or something like it will also log you into PQ
Old 08-10-2023, 06:27 AM
Large Rat

who else will be trying hardcore?

hit me up on discord

-tofat
Old 08-10-2023, 07:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, you're not wrong. As a way to remediate this issue, we removed the AK bonus and removed the PoP experience bonuses until mid-Planes of Power.

The Velious-era experience bonus for grouping will be enabled, however. (4% per player, up to 20%)
If you're after fully classic ZEMs, I compiled a list here based on extensive research:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...0&postcount=24

There was also a special ZEM from levels 1-6 of 100, no matter your zone:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...44&postcount=1
Old 08-10-2023, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

My question is, were the claims posted about this guy, his servers, and his anti cheat in RnF valid in any way? If so, that gives me pause on the server.
Old 08-10-2023, 02:04 PM
Fire Giant

Anyone willing to code by copy pasting assembly memory addresses is pretty special. That special comes a long with whatever else lead him to this path. In any result its going to be amazing.
Old 08-10-2023, 02:37 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My question is, were the claims posted about this guy, his servers, and his anti cheat in RnF valid in any way? If so, that gives me pause on the server.
I can't remember all of the specifics, but Secrets had a tallon zek-ish era pvp server that was pretty popular quite a few years back. I personally had a 60 gnome wizard, and they could crit. It was fun as hell.

Then some drama happened and he/she shut the server down. A bunch of people called secrets some pretty heinous shit, which is on par with eq nerds, and that was the end of it all. Didn't realize they were even still around.
Old 08-10-2023, 07:23 PM
Planar Protector

When is release
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 08-10-2023, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

Can anyone summarize the major differences between the TAKP client/EQMac and the P199 client/P1999 "Classic" experience?

For example, I know the lack of mouse scroll is a thing. But how about DoT tick messages? Pet windows? Night blindness for Humans/Erudites/Barbs? Things like that. Also, will the post-classic adjustments to Classic be present from day 1? Primarily thinking about spells and quests in this regard.

Can we expect the classes on Quarm to play pretty much identically to how they do on P1999 (at least during the Classic-Velious era), or are the differences between the two enough to produce noticeable changes in balance/feel?
Closed Thread