Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 09-21-2023, 10:17 AM
Sarnak

Bro people work the least amount of hours and have the highest quality of life on average right now than through all of human history. It honestly looks like you yourself have too much time on your hands and should be working harder.
Old 09-25-2023, 12:07 AM
Kobold

Every time I just kind of autopilot glance through comments on threads, I don't even look at the poster's name, but 100% of the time when it's some off-the-wall batshit lunacy, it's Sadre.
Old 09-25-2023, 12:54 AM
Kobold

The worst part of this thread is that nobody quoted a Bronx tale

Womp womp
Old 09-26-2023, 04:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by longfellowdeeds [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i've noticed in this world nobody cares, you hold the door for someone in public they don't even say thank you. i push my shopping cart in walmart and someone almost bumps into me around the corner, i'm the one that's quick to say "i'm sorry" when i wasnt even in the wrong, and i dont even get a "oh it's ok, it was my fault" nothing...no response...it's as if if people just think others are there for them, and it's always someone elses fault, no one takes any responsibility/accountability for anything anymore. go through a dunkin drive through, its a miserable woman, i say thank you have a nice day maam, as she hands me the food, she says nothing back, window shuts. it's just absolutely so disrespectful, so disengaged society is. so not willing to smile, or even fake a smile in public. people have 0 shame in their game. its everywhere...there are no thank you's or your welcomes. none. just a bunch of miserable people that expect you to move for them. also when you walk around a store, guys will just walk right into you if YOU dont move out of THEIR way...i'll never understand this mentality of people...its so self centered, the world is mine, idgaf, mentality. its gross, its unattractive and it needs to change immediately.
I feel like Western society had much more of a community mindset in the recent past. This has gradually evaporated with consumerism and individualism. It surely depends on your local area how bad this has gotten.

It still survives in many places though. I hold the door for someone at my work and they thank me. I do the same at a shop here in the UK and they also say thank you, generally. There's still politeness here. It's less present in big cities vs smaller towns, as anything else is.

I do think though that much of America breeds a kind of individualism that just rots society from the inside out. It sounds like you live in one of those bits. If so, maybe think about leaving.
Old 09-26-2023, 05:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're born into wealth in America, literally everybody around you is your personal slave.

That's why celebs love it so much. But look at how they transition from pretty to wrinkly and then dead.

Why?

Because SLAVERY IS FUCKING EVIL that's why.
hot take: Slavery never really ended, they just outsourced the costs and responsibilities of slave ownership onto the slaves themselves.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 09-26-2023, 09:10 AM
Planar Protector

ryan and sean shall seize the means of production
Old 09-29-2023, 06:20 PM
Sarnak

Default Complain Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by longfellowdeeds [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i've noticed in this world nobody cares, you hold the door for someone in public they don't even say thank you. i push my shopping cart in walmart and someone almost bumps into me around the corner, i'm the one that's quick to say "i'm sorry" when i wasnt even in the wrong, and i dont even get a "oh it's ok, it was my fault" nothing...no response...it's as if if people just think others are there for them, and it's always someone elses fault, no one takes any responsibility/accountability for anything anymore. go through a dunkin drive through, its a miserable woman, i say thank you have a nice day maam, as she hands me the food, she says nothing back, window shuts. it's just absolutely so disrespectful, so disengaged society is. so not willing to smile, or even fake a smile in public. people have 0 shame in their game. its everywhere...there are no thank you's or your welcomes. none. just a bunch of miserable people that expect you to move for them. also when you walk around a store, guys will just walk right into you if YOU dont move out of THEIR way...i'll never understand this mentality of people...its so self centered, the world is mine, idgaf, mentality. its gross, its unattractive and it needs to change immediately.
This is a YOU problem. Change your attitude to positive, and I guarantee your entire world with change. Actions are nothing without thoughts. It has been proven that YOUR thoughts create YOUR reality. Read a book on metaphysics and quantum mechanics. I'd suggest "The Dancing Wu Li Masters" to start.
Old 09-29-2023, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raclen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bro people work the least amount of hours
False

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raclen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
have the highest quality of life on average
Also false.

Let me explain: your average modern human has a lot of things but lives in a stressful, overpopulated, overoptimized hellscape with very little in the way of the consistent, communal social bonds that characterized all of human history up to that point. Human beings are meant to exist in an ecosystem of extended family clans; aunts, uncles, inlaw, cousins n shit all running around that you interact with day to day. Very few Americans or Europeans have this.

So yea, modern humans have lots of cool things and live 'easy' lives of luxury, but we have to work hard for it. You know what else lives that same type of life? A fucking shitty ass orca at seaworld with a flopped over fin. And juding by the rates of depression, anxiety, suicide, mass shootings, etc, our fins are flopped over too.
Old 09-30-2023, 05:39 AM
Planar Protector

1 question. Is longfellowdeeds that drugfucked halfwit twin?
Old 10-02-2023, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1 question. Is longfellowdeeds that drugfucked halfwit twin?
yes, the twins that literally called Rogean's employer after getting banned