Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 09-20-2023, 10:32 AM
Banned

Default nobody cares

i've noticed in this world nobody cares, you hold the door for someone in public they don't even say thank you. i push my shopping cart in walmart and someone almost bumps into me around the corner, i'm the one that's quick to say "i'm sorry" when i wasnt even in the wrong, and i dont even get a "oh it's ok, it was my fault" nothing...no response...it's as if if people just think others are there for them, and it's always someone elses fault, no one takes any responsibility/accountability for anything anymore. go through a dunkin drive through, its a miserable woman, i say thank you have a nice day maam, as she hands me the food, she says nothing back, window shuts. it's just absolutely so disrespectful, so disengaged society is. so not willing to smile, or even fake a smile in public. people have 0 shame in their game. its everywhere...there are no thank you's or your welcomes. none. just a bunch of miserable people that expect you to move for them. also when you walk around a store, guys will just walk right into you if YOU dont move out of THEIR way...i'll never understand this mentality of people...its so self centered, the world is mine, idgaf, mentality. its gross, its unattractive and it needs to change immediately.
Old 09-20-2023, 10:54 AM
Banned

You can thank individualism for that.
Old 09-20-2023, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

thats bullshit i hold doors all the time and get a thank you every time

maybe its because you look like a meth'd out scary person
Old 09-20-2023, 11:35 AM
Fire Giant

I've consistently had experiences with you Longfellowdeeds on both sides of the spectrum.

Sometimes, you're super polite. You're grateful. Dare I even say pleasant.

Other times, you spiral. You get really ugly, and start spewing out antagonistic garbage.

So maybe it's a you problem.

I don't mean that as a put-down, either. Disregard your past and your reputation around EverQuest... Pretend it's a blank slate every time you interact with someone. That interaction can and will shape future interactions with that person. Try being nice ALL the time, not just when someone is being nice to you.

Or don't. Nobody cares.
Old 09-20-2023, 11:38 AM
Banned

well said zelld, you're absolutely right. i'm unapologetically me. if i painted a happy picture of myself all the time and presented it to the masses id be lying...real people have 2 sides of the spectrum...some are just more open and honest about it(me and ryan) which makes us authentic.
Old 09-20-2023, 12:44 PM
Banned

just because someone doesn't hold the door doesn't mean they care

ppl are just broken they need the 2cnd coming of christ

(or the 1st if you are a jew)

either way it works !
Old 09-20-2023, 12:58 PM
Banned

I agree with Tox in that I almost always get a thank you when I hold doors. I often not always get a “have a nice day” from food service workers

That being said…

Manners in general on a society-wide basis have gone to shit in many areas. So many musicians nowadays can’t even have concerts because excitable morons in the crowd are throwing their phones, water bottles, or other various objects at the singer. There have been multiple injuries as a result of this

People seem to freak the fuck out on airplanes much more often nowadays as well. I’m always reading in the news about some brawl or unruly passenger ruining hundred’s of other traveler’s day
Old 09-20-2023, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by longfellowdeeds [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i've noticed in this world nobody cares, you hold the door for someone in public they don't even say thank you. i push my shopping cart in walmart and someone almost bumps into me around the corner, i'm the one that's quick to say "i'm sorry" when i wasnt even in the wrong, and i dont even get a "oh it's ok, it was my fault" nothing...no response...it's as if if people just think others are there for them, and it's always someone elses fault, no one takes any responsibility/accountability for anything anymore. go through a dunkin drive through, its a miserable woman, i say thank you have a nice day maam, as she hands me the food, she says nothing back, window shuts. it's just absolutely so disrespectful, so disengaged society is. so not willing to smile, or even fake a smile in public. people have 0 shame in their game. its everywhere...there are no thank you's or your welcomes. none. just a bunch of miserable people that expect you to move for them. also when you walk around a store, guys will just walk right into you if YOU dont move out of THEIR way...i'll never understand this mentality of people...its so self centered, the world is mine, idgaf, mentality. its gross, its unattractive and it needs to change immediately.
have you ever been to Utah? I highly recommend it. I was born and raised there and if there is one thing i'll say thats positive about the place that i've experienced no place else it's general kindness from strangers.

are they faking it? probably. but it still is nice. when I moved away from UT that was the biggest difference I noticed. ppl in UT at least act like they care about you. they're friendly and smile a lot and I truly think it's the influence of the mormon church.

but yeah I agree with you. every other place ive been (especially washington state. holy shit those ppl are genuinely unhappy i swear. I couldnt even smile and say hi to someone w/o them thinking I was trying to sell them something)

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 09-20-2023, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People seem to freak the fuck out on airplanes much more often nowadays as well. I’m always reading in the news about some brawl or unruly passenger ruining hundred’s of other traveler’s day
Old 09-20-2023, 01:41 PM
Sarnak

fear the day they do care. then you will know the pain of getting a fine for an improperly cut lawn or not adhering to the newest laws on rain gutters or falling into LA-tier fart-rape laws on subways