Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 08:58 PM
Planar Protector

My thoughts on this go to console and ultimately mobile influences, bare with me. Match Making is a console influences, computer FPS games had a server list with some players having their own servers of the game, sometimes running mods.

Match Making connects you to a group of other ranked players to ensure a better experience, because comfort is the goal. This is key to understand.

Windows FPS games had no such thing, you could own noobs and get owned by much better players, repeatedly. Forcing a disconnect when they have you cornered somehow and no way out of the spawn deaths, that is what i mean. I prefer this kind of online competition and still find it on Day of Defeat: Source - Gun Game Mod.

The mobile influence comes in with paid items or other monetary gimmicks often found in the mobile world but have crept into every other part of 'gaming'. It's gross and awful.

I like Windows FPS games, like the one I mentioned above. New maps and mods are still made for it. Did you hear EPIC is planning to do paid mods? (there is a rumor going around).

These are bad influences in Windows games.
Old 05-25-2021, 11:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't generally like mobas. WoW in my playing experience is a walking simulator. Leveling is the most boring shit ever. Walk over there, kill 5 boars, walk over there, kill 5 lions. 5550 Experience! Repeat. I don't know why I hate that over say, grinding hours away at the same exact camp for hours on end, but I do.

But when it came to PVP in mobas, most kind of, had something missing for me. I was huge on diablo 2 pvp... I liked EQOA pvp.. but idk something was always slightly boring to me with most other PVPS. It always felt devolved into an orc and a night elf circling around each other while spamming buttons. Kind of like... Dota with way less complexity. So if i'm in the mood for a pvp enviroment that isn't FPS.. Dota is my go to for that.

I think there's a reason WoW PVP never took off as an esport even though it had virtually everything going for it --- it's boring as fuck to watch. Duels last forever, there isn't any kind of exciting outplays.. idk.

In terms of bringing viewers to P99.. it would take somebody who is in a raiding guild and also very entertaining. 95% of the stream would just be the streamer bullshitting with his chat and his guild mates, watching videos on youtube maybe, etc.. then boom. POPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOP GOGOOGOGGOGO and bam you have sudden intensity.

=P
i meant mmo's not mobas in the first sentence but than again iam retarted
Old 05-25-2021, 11:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My thoughts on this go to console and ultimately mobile influences, bare with me. Match Making is a console influences, computer FPS games had a server list with some players having their own servers of the game, sometimes running mods.

Match Making connects you to a group of other ranked players to ensure a better experience, because comfort is the goal. This is key to understand.

Windows FPS games had no such thing, you could own noobs and get owned by much better players, repeatedly. Forcing a disconnect when they have you cornered somehow and no way out of the spawn deaths, that is what i mean. I prefer this kind of online competition and still find it on Day of Defeat: Source - Gun Game Mod.

The mobile influence comes in with paid items or other monetary gimmicks often found in the mobile world but have crept into every other part of 'gaming'. It's gross and awful.

I like Windows FPS games, like the one I mentioned above. New maps and mods are still made for it. Did you hear EPIC is planning to do paid mods? (there is a rumor going around).

These are bad influences in Windows games.
1v1 me cs_office
Old 05-26-2021, 02:38 AM
Sarnak

It would be like green on opening day. NO place to play. EACH mob camped on it's spawn spot. Then it would slow down to 23 players in crushbone like now.
I'd quit.
Old 05-26-2021, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1v1 me cs_office
I haven't played CS in years. GO is a complete turn off.

Old 05-26-2021, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
i meant mmo's not mobas in the first sentence but than again iam retarted

My beef with MOBA's has to do with Redditards specifically. I have argued with those guys before, if it isn't MOBA it doesn't matter or a waste of time. New Windows RTS should be made and new moba mods for those.. but nooooo

Gotta be a weirdo.
Old 05-26-2021, 10:59 PM
Sarnak

I was hoping this meant what if the P99 servers blew up and it was over forever.
Old 05-28-2021, 03:49 AM
Sarnak

About 12 to 15 hundred people would be upset ?
Old 05-28-2021, 10:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My beef with MOBA's has to do with Redditards specifically. I have argued with those guys before, if it isn't MOBA it doesn't matter or a waste of time. New Windows RTS should be made and new moba mods for those.. but nooooo

Gotta be a weirdo.
You ain't wrong. And this is god tier:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-28-2021, 10:53 AM
Banned

Crosses fingers... Do u even have money to play live?
Closed Thread