Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 01:25 AM
Fire Giant

Default Rant about my terrible day trying to work on epic

if you read the title and clicked and then are upset that this is a pointless rant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

logged on planning to knock out all the parts of my shaman epic up until I can grind in CoM and make good use of document drops. Got a port to toxx ran to erudite got to dock realized I didnt have fish scales for breath so I gated to ec and hired somone to buy from the vendor. Bought another port to toxx ran to erud sat at dock and saw lil baby shaman who told me that eruds crossing boat is broke. FUCK.

Petition GM's

Ok I know its faction based so I think I can skip this part.
Gate to EC hire druid to take me to BB kill pegleg for second time gate to ec do handin. faction yay.

misread the step after eruds crossing and hire a ranger and druid por/run to WK only to realize that the quest giver is useless because I dont have the handins I need. Gate back to EC buy another port to Rathe run around lookin for Goodly and wicked. Not up. FUCK.

Gate to ec buy Evac to EJ figuring I maybe my faction is high enough from the multiple step ones to hand in a set of documents and my 3 books. Get to EJ spirit wont talk to me. sigh

gate to EC

Buy another port to Feerot run back to RM get into zone run to where wicked and goodly spawn to find a druid killing them so a lvl 38 sham can loot for future use. FUCKFUCKFUK!!!!

find out the static spawn is 2 or 4 hours. fuck

Log off and wait 2 hours

Log back on kill goodly and wicked get there hand ins
Gate to EC buy port and head back to WK. Locate wisp handin the items. FAILED FACTION NOT HIGH ENOUGH. FUUUUUUUUUCK

Gate to EC buy port to BB kill pegleg gate to EC run towards FP to do handin again. Ambrotos offers to port me to eruds for quest I say yes.... and then begin typing but I need to do this hand in real quickkkkkkkkkkkk

zoning into eruds crossing

FOOOOOOOOOOOOK

Explain situation to ambrotos who is super nice and says of course go do ur hand in and hit me up when u need a port. THANKS AMB (for real).

Gate to EC head back to FP do hand in get gem message ambrotos.... is not online at this time

=(
Old 04-27-2012, 02:10 AM
Sarnak

dude your whole rant is just ... sorry to be so honest ... stupid!

You do the quest without much research and then you complain.

Petitioning(wont really help you here), skipping parts(missing faction), porting all around the place (lazy shaman use your scale lol) ....

I did the quest up until BD last week, it took me couple of hourse and I got my Black Fur Boots. No porting, no petitioning, no hiring druids or rangers.... shaman epic if so easy you should not need to do that.

Try to do some research before you do each step http://mysite.verizon.net/drexxell/eq/shamanepic.html

What I did:
:Started in FoB getting gem from lesser spirit
:ran Cabilis-OT (bound myself there in outpost, to be able to gate back and catch boat to TD to use firepots)-TD firepots-Odus-Eruds Crossing
:did the underwater part and gated to OT
:ran to TD firepots-Freeport - did the handin and talked with Bondl Felligan and the greater spirit in Green Jade
:ran to rathe mnt. Killed Tabien and Glaron (Glaron was up, I had to come back the next day for Tabien)
:ran to Karana and found the wandering spirit (use the map from link to find the best place where to look for it, I did that and found it in 5min - SE from the 2nd guard tower when going from Qhills)
:Hailed it to get the quest, hailed it again and did the hand in, got the shield and gem
:gated to OT, ran to EJ, did the gem hand in and gated to OT
:ran to TD firepots-G. Faydark-L.Faydark-Mistmoore where I met with 3 guildies (warrior, rogue, cleric all 50+), rogue killed and Advisor in the castle library to get the BD to spawn, he did so 30seconds later and we killed it. Looted the pelt.
:gated back to OT-ran to EJ did the hand in and got my Black Fur Boots and Ancient Journal.

Im now farming CoM, got 3 out of 6 already....

P.S. you can skip some parts, but you need to farm the faction you did not get by skipping before you do handins ... I prefer just to do the quest. Its epic afterall, why skip parts plus its really easy and does not take much time.

P.P.S. skipping part does not make much sense imho...its much easier to get te faction you need this way rather then farming the CoM pages over and over again....
Last edited by Wudan; 04-27-2012 at 02:36 AM..
Old 04-27-2012, 02:30 AM
Fire Giant

I know ur trying to be helpful but I wasnt complaining I was just cracking up at my series of badluck/bad choices
and ya I could leisurly work through the epic over a few days but like I said I had it in my head Im gonna do a big chunk all at once and literally didnt make any progress lol
but since this is forum ill rebut

eruds is bugged u cant get into it atm without a GM port (at this point all ur comments are derailed since how am I going to research how to adapt to this)
didnt want to wait for 30 min path cycle on the WK spirit so I brought ranger for that
Didnt want to spend literally hours running across the continents (since I at least needed to do the first step 3 times so far probly gonna need to do more if I cant get put back into eruds) and my play time in my head does not involve steering through zone after zone after zone or sitting on boats

Im glad epic is going swimmingly for u tho =P
Last edited by godbox; 04-27-2012 at 02:35 AM..
Old 04-27-2012, 02:41 AM
VIP / Contributor

Yea my net went out waiting for you and talking to Taken sitting at Ragefire. Sorry about your bad luck,
Old 04-27-2012, 02:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by godbox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

eruds is bugged u cant get into it atm without a GM port (at this point all ur comments are derailed since how am I going to research how to adapt to this)
didnt want to wait for 30 min path cycle on the WK spirit so I brought ranger for that
Didnt want to spend literally hours running across the continents (since I at least needed to do the first step 3 times so far probly gonna need to do more if I cant get put back into eruds) and my play time in my head does not involve steering through zone after zone after zone or sitting on boats
erruds being bugged sucks for sure, sry about that. I guess you have to wait till its fixed. The runing around does not really take that much time....probabaly faster then looking for porter. I prefer runing, because I really hate sitting around oocing for port. If you have a pocket porter, then I could understand you dont wanna run . Regarding the hours of runing around - I have my spirit of cheetah and scale of wolf always loaded to cut the runing time to minimum. Firepots been working very well for me as well, cuts the traveling time down so much... I hope you will be more lucky next time. gl.

and check the guide, its really good and helpful [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Wudan; 04-27-2012 at 02:49 AM..
Old 04-27-2012, 08:18 AM
Kobold

Hey look, I'm famous.

And I'm 39 brew, don't sell me short.

Serious tho, just do your Brondl Felligan or whatever piece like 2-3x and you should have the necessary faction to do WK handin. That's what I did. I didn't, and still haven't, done the Erud's Crossing piece.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

Let me tell you a story about some real bad luck that might make you feel better. On live for Wiz epic it took me 2 kills to get blue crystal staff. I saw it drop numerous times after that, sometimes 2 at once.

On P99 I'm in the region of 15 Phinny kills and no drop. After that its just a short jump and a skip through killing Venril Sathir and Cazic Thule. So.. yep.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 04-27-2012, 11:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey look, I'm famous.

And I'm 39 brew, don't sell me short.

Serious tho, just do your Brondl Felligan or whatever piece like 2-3x and you should have the necessary faction to do WK handin. That's what I did. I didn't, and still haven't, done the Erud's Crossing piece.
lol no hard feelings was just a WTF moment

but if you dont do like wudan and do whole quest proper I got a few tidbits might b helpful.
3 turnins of step 1 gave me enough faction to hand in woe/envy/marr but woe/envy did not give enough faction to start workin with the spirit in com
Old 04-27-2012, 11:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrotos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea my net went out waiting for you and talking to Taken sitting at Ragefire. Sorry about your bad luck,
np I appreciate it
Old 04-27-2012, 11:27 AM
Fire Giant

on my shaman I was bound at firepots it helps a lot for faction grind

I followed the steps properly to SoW boots, then factioned to MAX faction, then did the final CoM and final turn in, boom epic.

as for faction I did steps 1 and 2 over and over, eruids crossing mob is 3hr repop fyi.

Xadion Von'Darkborn - Shadow Knight
Cory Von'Darkborn - Ranger
Brezner Von'Darkborn - Bard
Watermelons Siliconmelons - Corpse/Shaman

Closed Thread