Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2019, 03:02 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green reached 2600...with lots of overcrowding. If you split that in half, you get two 1300s - but then both gain players because it’s less overcrowded. I’ll bet both Green and Teal break 1500 simultaneously.
This is a good move, I think. Everything seems to be camped at lower levels, even at off hours. I'm sure its frustrating a lot of people.

The option of merging the servers is always there if the populations get too thin.
Old 11-02-2019, 03:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green reached 2600...with lots of overcrowding. If you split that in half, you get two 1300s - but then both gain players because it’s less overcrowded. I’ll bet both Green and Teal break 1500 simultaneously.
True, but the last few days it’s been just over 2k generally. So that’s 1k per server, minus I’m guess 100-200 in the aggregate that you lose back to Blue due to the split.
Old 11-02-2019, 04:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True, but the last few days it’s been just over 2k generally. So that’s 1k per server, minus I’m guess 100-200 in the aggregate that you lose back to Blue due to the split.
I doubt that happens.

And what are you forgetting?
Old 11-02-2019, 04:11 AM
Planar Protector

2nd server is good for the health of the community.
I was opposed at first but people have brought up good points and reasons since then.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-02-2019, 04:15 AM
Kobold

On EQLive, ALL TLPs since the first one (Combine 2006?) have proved one thing - two servers at launch always means one dies, the one started second (Even hours later).

OF course no comparison between those and here as well apples to potatoes really.

The clincher here is the "merge" to green at a point in time.
Old 11-02-2019, 06:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
^^This! People will come back now that they can actually play the game and both servers will be fine for some time!
Old 11-02-2019, 06:35 AM
Planar Protector

They could have at least made teal a pvp server. Or a "no rules" server.
Old 11-02-2019, 06:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They could have at least made teal a pvp server. Or a "no rules" server.
Why would they do that? They want people to play on the server...No one plays on red because no one wants PvP.
Old 11-02-2019, 06:53 AM
Aviak

I originally voted "no" on the new server, but I've since changed my mind. This is going to make Green a lot more playable. I think some of the people that may have left in the last week or so are gonna come back now that it won't be so crowded.
Old 11-02-2019, 06:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Queue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I originally voted "no" on the new server, but I've since changed my mind. This is going to make Green a lot more playable. I think some of the people that may have left in the last week or so are gonna come back now that it won't be so crowded.
Yup! I was very vocal FOR the split, but I did constantly wrestle with it my mind. But when I would ask for the downsides to splitting, no one could ever come with anything, so it reinforced me to keep pushing for it. I am well aware that a low population is bad for green, and now for green and teal, but I don't believe that will happen! There are just too many players on one server for the classic-era of EQ.....it wasn't built for that many players to be online at one time and we didn't even get to the point where it would have caused the major issues.