Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2019, 07:05 AM
Planar Protector

It's fine.

I like the crowded zones, being pushed to find out of the way exp spots no one has used in ages, etc. But not everyone does, and this split won't last forever. It's not gonna empty out zones, it's just gonna drop nektulos to 50 instead of 100, WK to 25 instead of 50, etc.

Now if the staff don't merge things if we drop below like1600 combined pop. Or if we reach the point where people are spread out enough that zones are starting to feel empty, I'll have something different to say. But assuming they do it right, yeah, it'll be fine.

Oh, also, id be shocked it the split ends up 50/50. I'd suspect it'll be more like 60-75% green and 25-40% teal.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 11-02-2019 at 07:07 AM..
Old 11-02-2019, 07:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's fine.
I like the crowded zones, being pushed to find out of the way exp spots no one has used in ages, etc. But not everyone does, and this split won't last forever. It's not gonna empty out zones, it's just gonna drop nektulos to 50 instead of 100, WK to 25 instead of 50, etc.
And just that little bit of a decrease per zone will make the game so much more enjoyable for a lot of folks!
Old 11-02-2019, 07:25 AM
Skeleton

70-30 is what I'm expecting. I'm transferring because I'm a casual/solo player and travelling or fighting for mobs during my play time just isn't a ton of fun.
Old 11-02-2019, 07:31 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m sure there will be people who disagree with me on this but this announcement could not be more disappointing. The server has been out a week. We’re averaging 2k population and things have just started spreading out. This split seems very preemptive. Honestly, for me one of the big draws of Green was having a large population starting fresh and getting to see everywhere populated with people as opposed to the state of Blue where you could have zones half or completely empty. If we’re splitting Green into 1k per server essentially, this just killed any desire I had to play on Green. With such low population, everyone will now just flock to the standard Blue leveling path of CB, Unrest/Guk, Mistmoore, Guk. Zero motivation to branch out when the population is low enough that you can just go the usual ZEM route.

If a server split was needed eventually, I would’ve been all for it. However, this seems like a bad idea when we’re only a week in.

Ah well, I’m at least happy I got to experience the initial fresh launch. With the split though the actual leveling experience won’t be much different than Blue IMO, it will be the same zones just with less gear, so back to Blue it is
I dont disagree, they dont realise how special what they have right now is.
Old 11-02-2019, 07:34 AM
Aviak

The reason green is awesome is because everyone is here right now together experiencing it on one server. It makes everything you do feel worthwhile, other private servers can offer you freedom to kill mobs where you want and all that qol. This green server experience comes around very rarely! Vote down Teal and keep the Green integrity!
Old 11-02-2019, 09:02 AM
Aviak

2500 on the other night, and 6 in rathe mountains. Between loot, zone design(or bugs) and ZEM, there’s only a handful of zones most people will go to. If they can’t find mobs, they’d rather log off than play in some marginal area. They’ve been conditioned to do this from 10 years of blue. This was always going to happen with a ZEM enforced xp highway.

In classic people didn’t know better. They spread out primarily out of ignorance. That can’t be recreated. I’ve spent time in low population zones, and grouped with adventurous types. In the end they tend to lose their interest and want to return to the herd. Because the xp is terrible, the loot is terrible, the zone is buggy and/or you have to constantly dodge out of depth level 40 monsters to get your level 13 monsters.
Old 11-02-2019, 10:33 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2500 on the other night, and 6 in rathe mountains. Between loot, zone design(or bugs) and ZEM, there’s only a handful of zones most people will go to. If they can’t find mobs, they’d rather log off than play in some marginal area. They’ve been conditioned to do this from 10 years of blue. This was always going to happen with a ZEM enforced xp highway.

In classic people didn’t know better. They spread out primarily out of ignorance. That can’t be recreated. I’ve spent time in low population zones, and grouped with adventurous types. In the end they tend to lose their interest and want to return to the herd. Because the xp is terrible, the loot is terrible, the zone is buggy and/or you have to constantly dodge out of depth level 40 monsters to get your level 13 monsters.
Not just conditioned from Blue, but also from Live. We all knew what the ZEM zones were and went there because "Wow I get increased XP and there is groups easily and loot here." type of mindset. If you only had a couple of hours to play, you knew if you went in those zones you could get a group and kill away.

Right now on green we have a glut of folks at certain levels. Yeah there will be folks in higher level zones who are higher level going "but there is only X people here, nothing is wrong!" but not reflecting an average user in that leveling wave who doesn't have oodles of time to play. Crushbone is chaos, Blackburrow is chaos and as those ZEM popular areas get hit by the wave they become crowded. It's already starting to happen in unrest and probably will in MM too. Faydwer is overpopulated.

My thought is take away those ZEMs and let it be known publicly that there aren't going to be them. This will help spread that population out some (not all, some folks are too set in their ways) and also prevent the thought that there is a 'path' that is optimal.
Old 11-02-2019, 10:36 AM
Fire Giant

This is a great solution - once they merge all will be back to normal. Relax.
Old 11-02-2019, 11:21 AM
Sarnak

They need to randomize zems like they did on live
Old 11-02-2019, 11:28 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would they do that? They want people to play on the server...No one plays on red because no one wants PvP.
That's like saying blue is dead because no one wants PVE. When clearly that is false. People like FRESH servers, period. A fresh PVP server with the PROPER RULESET FROM THE BEGINNING will result in a high population. Of course no one will go to red now... it's not fresh, all legacy items are gone, and has a bad ruleset and low population.
Closed Thread