Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 10:41 PM
Fire Giant

/facepalm
Old 11-07-2019, 10:48 PM
Sarnak

you came in here with what basically seems like a disingenuous "question" about, what do we think about people having 3 man camps. because the instant anyone didn't share your opinion you're not having any of it.

you didn't want to know what anyone thought.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a variety of reasons that may be the case, ranging from wanting peace and quiet, to doing stuff around the house and wanting to be able to frequently AFK, to simply prefer going at our own rate without feeling like we're slowing anyone else down. Don't think having such a preference makes me a jerk, but if someone feels that way I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Danth
Tecmos liked a post.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:42 PM
Sarnak

I have to agree. Why would you take more people if you got enough people to clear the camp.Looks bad to you but looks win-win to them.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:48 PM
Banned

I duo almost exclusively. When we first started, we were into the whole group dynamic and meeting new people but the vast majority of the time, the additional persons were content to AFK while we duo'd for them or looted every damn corpse. After awhile, we realized you guys just all suck and went our own way. HTH.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:52 PM
Sarnak

I see where you’re coming from, because this was a very annoying thing to deal with at launch. Things were so so crowded, and there were more than a few duo pet class groups out there kicking things down. But you’ll eventually be in their position and want to make the same decision and you’ll have every right to do so, too
Old 11-07-2019, 11:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jijii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you came in here with what basically seems like a disingenuous "question" about, what do we think about people having 3 man camps. because the instant anyone didn't share your opinion you're not having any of it.

you didn't want to know what anyone thought.
So I can’t engage in a discussion if someone doesn’t share the same opinion? Lol wut
Old 11-07-2019, 11:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you don't see an issue with holding down an extremely popular leveling camp with like a duo and refusing to let anyone else in?
Nope, I don't. Even at server release, with people camping spawn points in newbie yards, there were still places to level. The population has thinned out and dispersed through the levels; there's tons of places for you to go gain XP. You're not entitled to a group, and you're not entitled to a particular camp.

Hell, West Karana has like six big bandit camps, and six smaller ones. North Karana and East Karana each have a big camp, and Lake Rathe has two. If all you want is bandits and bandit loot, brother, they're all over the place.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:55 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of course it’s their camp I wasn’t disputing it (although technically I believe they have to split it if people ask).

I was more talking about not letting people join a group. For me, I’ve always invited people if we have a free spot. It’s EQ. Its supposed to be about being social and having fun (I.e. the “journey” that everyone talks about); not maximizing every ounce of EXP per minute that you can.
If your argument hinges on the word "technically," then you already know that you're wrong and are just scraping around for any excuse to claim to be right.

Lesson for life.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRusty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope, I don't. Even at server release, with people camping spawn points in newbie yards, there were still places to level. The population has thinned out and dispersed through the levels; there's tons of places for you to go gain XP. You're not entitled to a group, and you're not entitled to a particular camp.

Hell, West Karana has like six big bandit camps, and six smaller ones. North Karana and East Karana each have a big camp, and Lake Rathe has two. If all you want is bandits and bandit loot, brother, they're all over the place.
Fair point. Although with respect to bandit camps specifically the Karana ones have all been consistently camped. A decent amount of the time it seems to be duos and trios although I did see a full group once or twice, but seems to be the minority.
Closed Thread