Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 04:06 AM
Sarnak

Default Insanity :10 hours per manastone, there's like 12 people on the list now

And I don't know if I'd rather deal with camp horders or people who share accounts and hence get to halve or more their wait times. Since they are allowed to this, they fill up more slots as otherwise they would't have the gumption to camp it.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:31 AM
Sarnak

I believe 4 dropped today across about 10 hrs on teal. Still not great, but not as bad as a lot of ppl are assuming. EE seems to spawn more than his PH...or maybe it's actually just 50/50

Mileage may vary ofc!
Old 11-11-2019, 04:36 AM
Planar Protector

Evil eye is supposed to spawn way more than the shaman. Drop rate should be a lot higher on the manastone, too.

Not sure where they got the numbers/stats for these drops. Probably after the drop rate was nerfed shortly before they removed it entirely. Used to be a "common" rare, like the mith 2 hander.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:39 AM
VIP / Contributor

50/50 you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOwLEVQGbrM
Old 11-11-2019, 05:38 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khikik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nothing better than the dude that spent 30 hours at the camp

"This has a 38% chance to be an EE and a 14% chance of being a manastone based on past results"
Old 11-11-2019, 05:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by axisofebola [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And I don't know if I'd rather deal with camp horders or people who share accounts and hence get to halve or more their wait times. Since they are allowed to this, they fill up more slots as otherwise they would't have the gumption to camp it.
I fully agree with this! Manastone should be a condensed version of the AFK Checks at present, those who can interact with a quickly moving AFK Check box and then, at random, type the AFK human-check command before clicking OK, will eventually be the only ones to get a manastone, just like it as at present: but they'll have to prove they have the skill set worthy of earning this item meant for the elite!

Just done in half the time and without ever actually interacting with the mob - just like the majority of those in the camp at present - but shorter... thats key.

Make the camp shorter is the summary of the posts in this thread.
Old 11-11-2019, 05:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by axisofebola [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with others that the drop rate shouldn't be so low, but the account sharing seems like a bigger problem to me.

The list is already at 30-40 hours long to get a manastone, and as the list length increases it will mean that the account sharers will be the only ones able to get manastones. So if the idea behind the list system was to open the camps up to everyone, and stop a specific group from permanently locking down the camp it has failed miserably.
Old 11-11-2019, 06:32 AM
Planar Protector

The easy availability of new accounts creates problems on P99 that didn't exist on Live.
Old 11-11-2019, 06:42 AM
Banned

All i know is if i was staff i'd be looking very hard at every manastone camped like this, camping EE just like camping out at family member who is in the hospital and sitting next to them level seriousness.

things that make u go hmmm.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:30 AM
Sarnak

I know probably most the people in this thread are actually in the camp with me right now, so I just want to ask whats the solution? Because the past system was FFA first come first serve, and I can't really see a happy medium here for demand vs difficulty.

The staff haven't made this camp hard on us, we're doing that. The spawn rate / drop rate are contested by those with Live experience, but making it easier would IMO just make it so players that need ANY item in the future come to the camp. We'd see not just more manastones, but manastones as a bartering piece for a firepot bind, or sold at the cost of a firepot bind (20k) + some tip change for anyone that runs that FUTURE /list racket.

Right now the majority are here for themselves, their future alts, or a friend. I can't see anything out of bounds for a classic server that bans boxing when it comes to friends sharing accounts. They're helping each other use a single character and gain an advantage FOR that character, sacrificing the advantage in every other scenario in the game that two players would gain playing together. There's only one manastone camp, but there are shorter /list items with harder criteria for those that meet the minimum level, and no one is complaining that two friends who show up at the same time and /list together gain an advantage in surviving a camp while gaining, potentially, DOUBLE the benefit of those without pals.

If they put in the time.

If players make X game mechanic more miserable for themselves, and there is no way of making X more enjoyable for all without removing an aspect of the very thing that drives them to engage in X, who wins then?

The difference between this camp and literally every single raid target in the game is that those people who could care less about raid loot WANT this game changing item and the benefits, and fun, possible from having it. And they're just going to keep showing up and recruiting friends to help - like they do for every other bit of content in this game.

Manastone access at 35 is already rather "punitive" for those that aren't able to grind through when ideal spots are camped or crowded during their play sessions, but making the /list feature available at 25 for Evil Eye would have had exactly the same result of attracting a crowd capable of the content and desirous of the rewards.

There would have been a raid force down here instead of a small group - and the closer this camp gets to a raid force the sooner it will become exactly that - and rules will have to be made clear about some sort of Evileye Greenzone. =P

I'd say that removing the distance limit for people over /list #5 for evil eye specificlaly will reduce the angst greatly. Rather than asking for the content to be further altered, just let it function like AC list or any other popular camp list where the person is informed they need to get their asses to the camp when the person ahead of them leaves. Or do the opposite, those not in the top 20 on the list CAN'T be in Guk and those not in the top 10 on the /list CAN'T be in the camp.

If people are going to make this shit as obnoxious as the p99 raid scene, embrace it and remove the "friend" penalty people are complaining about by making it so those with actual friends that would help them run into arbitrary cut offs even when they list at the same time. Then make it so no 3 people from the same guild can be in the Top 5 at the same time - to just fuck with it further.

Anything the staff can do to effectively limit the distribution of Manastones to people working together will just make the camp even less tolerable the more accessible the camp becomes to the general population.

I have absolutely zero solutions to the "problem" besides removing the limit of range for players, which will just result in everyone listing that can. Thus requiring some sort of middle ground where a "group" listing is introduced and groups doing the camps have some internal order if they're allowed in "camp" zones for /list that reduces friction, or excluded otherwise because they lack the ability to productively interact with dangerous camps - or by debasing the experience of the content by turning it into something it was never meant to be - a mini-raid on trivial content for max level players who carry whoevers ahead of them in line.

Except anything done to keep those gaming the system by NOT joining the list in any way makes the system ineffective, so everyone has to participate when in the vacinity of these camps. The more you try and force this game into a fair mold, the more it breaks, and the /list is an unhappy but tolerable medium as is for every camp BUT Manastone. Which is a camp so fucking fair it hurts.
Last edited by M.J.; 11-11-2019 at 07:35 AM..
Closed Thread