Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2020, 08:57 PM
Aviak

So a gentlemen's agreement wherein Bob gets to have his cake and eat it too. Considering he's holding A, B,C and potentially a list on A ? And if Mike disagrees or contests he's going to pay for it later ?

Seems like there is a lot of onus on Mike to sort out a situation that would be fixed by the camp holder being there. Example - if Mike shows up randomly within the 'reasonable amount of time' time frame, where no one is there and part of the camp is up - where does the burden lie here if any on Mike ?
Old 09-11-2020, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healicious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you dont sit on a camp you can't claim it is yours.
This is only true if the camp is being contested. If nobody has announced their intention to contest the camp, you do not need to maintain presence to claim it.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was there for about 5 min and had cleared the camp about once so far ... a mage comes in KS everything ... he said he went to sellWas he able to have the camp even after leaving for 5 min?
It was your camp under the rules. If he left and it had repopped, and you were there alone long enough to kill all of the mobs, he did not clear the camp/PHs in a "reasonable" time. What exactly is "reasonable"? No real answer for that, but if you're ghoing to take a camp or challenge someone for it, you should be prepared to show that what you did was clearly "reasonable", for example: "I showed up and the mobs were down; I waited for it to be full a pop and nobody appeared, so I started clearing. I broke and cleared the camp, but when it respawned again Billy told me to get out of 'his' camp"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was in Sk killing at gnome spires. I come by to North camp and see someone afk. If i remember correctly it was a ogre or troll. Problem was they had a mage pet who was standing guard. And the user of this mage pet was at mid. Can a person hold 2 camps? They mage at mid had a friend hold the camp by going afk at north making him have two camps. Is he allowed to do this? I confronted them about and after 10 min of not answering me (they were clearly not afk), they finally let me have the camp. Dont know what was up about that >->
The short answer is yes they can, but it might be debatable. The argument for challenging that camp is a little murky... you'd either have to claim the mage was holding two camps (he'll respond that the troll is holding the other and he's just helping) or claim that the troll is AFK camping, in which case the mage can only claim one if you're challenging them. Since the Troll isn't doing anything, and just idling, it isn't really AFK camping. I think if a GM were to rule on it, you'd be likely to win... but a GMs won't really want to intervene and you probably don't want to annoy the GMs with something super petty. This one would only go your way on the totality of the circumstances, not really due to any clear "rule".

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 09-12-2020, 12:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healicious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you dont sit on a camp you can't claim it is yours.
Wrong
Old 09-12-2020, 03:03 AM
Large Bat

As a new player this was some useful information. Very thorough! I'll try to wrap my head around it all lol. Regarding the "lists" while I was watching/ reading about p1999 green before I joined I learned about a list you can be put on to loot a item? Did that ever come to fruition and if so how do you get on it and who keeps up with it?
Old 09-12-2020, 08:12 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is only true if the camp is being contested. If nobody has announced their intention to contest the camp, you do not need to maintain presence to claim it.
Honestly and I'm not being facetious - why is this the rule of thumb ?

With how busy green has been since I started, this seems backwards to me. The only context I think that this could makes sense in, is an outdoor zone (where 'a mob is a camp' and granted you maintain LOS of the multiple spawn points) - versus a person claiming several cash camps in a dungeon that aren't LOS.

If you're on 3 camps in a dungeon and come back to one with someone there, shouldn't the onus be on you to contest and have to make the decision to leave your other claims - not the campless person who showed up to a camp devoid of a camper ?

Edit - and even outdoors zones I am skeptical of this rule: One time I came up on a mob - looked around and saw no one, so I killed it and then sat down at the spawn. This is no exaggeration, mob was up and no presence anywhere I could see. The next spawn, someone comes up and tells me they had been camping it with a group (out of LOS). I argued and eventually a GM got called and ruled in their defense, stating they could pick the mob of their choice outdoors. So they continued to camp that mob and the others closer to where they were setup shop.
Last edited by jerryR; 09-12-2020 at 08:41 AM..
Old 09-12-2020, 08:56 AM
Aviak

i feel that if the rules were too strict and you had to be within x feet of camps, people would lawyer others to no end. Step x+1 feet away? I have it on OBS, camp is mine now. Sow a buddy? camp is mine! Dodge a train? mine.

Also it just seems strange to lose a camp by moving away, especially if no one else is in a zone. Why would you need to save those mobs? For future players that may or may not even zone in by the time it respawns? If you save a mob and it doesn't make a difference, then what was the point? And what do we owe to possible future players, anyway? I don't think we owe them a fully popped zone, at any rate.
Last edited by Vdaria; 09-12-2020 at 09:19 AM..
Old 09-12-2020, 09:35 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdaria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i feel that if the rules were too strict and you had to be within x feet of camps, people would lawyer others to no end. Step x+1 feet away? I have it on OBS, camp is mine now. Sow a buddy? camp is mine! Dodge a train? mine.

Furthermore, if I am holding a camp, it seems strange to hold that it invalidates my claim on that camp to kill other unclaimed monsters in the zone while I am waiting on a respawn. Why would that restriction be necessary? And if it's not necessary, why should it be imposed on people who are camping a rare spawn? By that I mean if no one is in a zone but you, who are you saving the rare mob / its PH for? Future players that may or may not be in the zone when the mob respawns? What do we owe to possible future players anyway? It seems like they don't have a right to expect to zone into a fully popped zone full of rare spawns, at any rate.
Your hyperbole glosses over the existing nuances within the rules and assumes ignorance of context. No one is imposing any restrictions. You're free to do what you want with the empty zone, but be prepared to have to contest against someone that is content with just a single part of it ?

I've never met a more entitled, unwavering arrogance than someone who has held down a couple high value targets for a few hours. I feel like your last paragraph exemplifies that 'screw everyone but me' attitude that causes more lawyer questing than anything else
Old 09-12-2020, 09:48 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your hyperbole glosses over the existing nuances within the rules and assumes ignorance of context. No one is imposing any restrictions. You're free to do what you want with the empty zone, but be prepared to have to contest against someone that is content with just a single part of it ?

I've never met a more entitled, unwavering arrogance than someone who has held down a couple high value targets for a few hours. I feel like your last paragraph exemplifies that 'screw everyone but me' attitude that causes more lawyer questing than anything else
really not understanding the problem here. why on earth should I leave PHs up in an otherwise empty zone? who would I be leaving them up for? take the ass/sup camp in lower guk. what reason do you have for not also pulling ritualist if you're at ass/sup? If someone shows up, you can just give them either ass/sup or ritualist. In fact, you've cleared the PH for them.

I mean if you're talking about someone holding multiple camps and telling other would-be farmers or xpers to go soak their heads, then I agree with you. That is bad behavior and should be stopped immediately. But it just doesn't seem like a problem to take what would have otherwise gone to waste.
Last edited by Vdaria; 09-12-2020 at 10:04 AM..
Old 09-12-2020, 10:04 AM
Aviak

I've just seen people take liberties with the 'reasonable' amount of time stuff - and when they get complacent from locking things down for awhile that amount of time seems to stretch out when they miss a PH by a couple mins.
Closed Thread