Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2021, 09:41 PM
Planar Protector

I believe they currently have zero chance, not a small chance, sample size something between 70-100 over last week or 2.
Old 03-12-2021, 09:44 PM
Developer

Ah, must've updated their loot since November's patch. So you'll see changes next update.
Old 03-13-2021, 03:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are the grobb guards such as kigak, gabuku, and namrun have such absurdly high HP for their level? Why is namrun blue to a level 60 but still only hit for like 95ish damage? Why is basher Uvgin a shaman?(apparently he is listed as shaman in some modern lists but i havent seen any old logs/info about). Maybe this zone and the guards were always wacky like this. Uvgin being an SK might make sense, but a shaman? I wonder where this info came from and if there is anyway to check the classic time period.
I wonder if devs could normalize mobs somehow. Clearly HP, dmg, etc are in a database somewhere. Some kind of expected min/max for each level of mob to identify outliers and investigate if they are legitimate outliers or need a fix.

Reminds me of the undead in kith that became a hot leveling spot due to ZEM and low HP mobs. I really hate trivial content in EQ because as somewhat of a min/max player I can't pass up those efficient gains but it really cheapens the game experience especially when you know it's not classic. The inverse is also true when a mob is unclassically difficult. The double attacking level 5 mobs or whatever on green launch comes to mind. In this report I'm mainly referring to the blue to 60 mob hitting too low but it seems to be a reoccurring issue where mobs have database values that are well out of expected ranges for the era.
Old 03-13-2021, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

They can do this and I believe it's been done recently. Mistakes happen though.
Closed Thread