Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2021, 09:20 PM
Fire Giant

Default streamers and grand daugthers

I had yesterday my first experience with a relevant streamer and me and my grand daugther got both banned.
my grandchild wich is 13 convinced me to return to wow pvp new season and be her partner on arena. so i made a character wich never realy played a resto druid . and we both climbed to 2100 .
We squared 2 times in a row agaisnt a top brass NA steamer wich on my opinion was trying to boost a arms warrior and we trampled over em with ridic ease.

2 hours later we got both banned from wow , and after i send a email the official answer was we boths ervin a ban for stream snipin .

i did send a email with how possible we did it on a random game generator as arena is supposed to be . but so far no answer.

so after i talked down my grand daugther i started to think, how is possible streamers on mmos has such privileges.
Old 07-27-2021, 09:41 PM
Planar Protector

In the new covid era streamers are the new celebrity with many simps and corporate backing . The popular ones are liars and cheaters and scum bags
Old 07-27-2021, 09:46 PM
Banned

Pretty much this. Same thing happens when you climb too high in the competitive ladders in LOL, if they don't lagstorm-fucj you, etc
All the highest ranks are walled off from people that are not corporate sponsored
Old 07-27-2021, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingSpergand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the new covid era streamers are the new celebrity with many simps and corporate backing . The popular ones are liars and cheaters and scum bags
Even before covid.

https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/case...thomas-cassell
https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-53138158
Old 07-27-2021, 10:01 PM
Banned

Unlikely you would climb to 2100 with a fresh new char with 0 resilience. Generally some pvp gear or at least some decent pve gear is needed to not be completely run over in arenas

Secondly, stream sniping can only get you banned from Twitch, not WoW, to my knowledge. WoW doesn’t care what you do on Twitch, they are completely separate companies

I’m guessing you got banned for account sharing. That druid had gear, it wasn’t a freshly made char

Props for getting to 2100+ tho. What comp? Druid + what?
Old 07-27-2021, 10:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's really fucking retarded that establishment news organizations are running stories about twitch drama.

we're supposed to trust them? -_-
Old 07-27-2021, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had yesterday my first experience with a relevant streamer and me and my grand daugther got both banned.
my grandchild wich is 13 convinced me to return to wow pvp new season and be her partner on arena. so i made a character wich never realy played a resto druid . and we both climbed to 2100 .
We squared 2 times in a row agaisnt a top brass NA steamer wich on my opinion was trying to boost a arms warrior and we trampled over em with ridic ease.

2 hours later we got both banned from wow , and after i send a email the official answer was we boths ervin a ban for stream snipin .

i did send a email with how possible we did it on a random game generator as arena is supposed to be . but so far no answer.

so after i talked down my grand daugther i started to think, how is possible streamers on mmos has such privileges.
Was your daughter a warrior with mortal strike and you were a resto druid using bear charge stun with cyclone? If so, that duo team ruined my experience in arenas being as broken as they were in Burning Crusade. Sorry your suspended. The suspension will be over quick. Blizzard has bigger problems anyway.
Old 07-27-2021, 10:05 PM
Planar Protector

Yes like releasing d2 resurrected soon. Stoked
Old 07-27-2021, 10:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgasari [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's really fucking retarded that establishment news organizations are running stories about twitch drama.

we're supposed to trust them? -_-
The FFC issue years before was more relevant to the OP, but seeing as the person in question essentially got away with it...

The more recent story adds to the argument that streamers are the new celebrity. It's annoying that Hollywood/etc makes the news when before that used to mostly only be on TMZ and Entertainment Tonight, but then everyone is getting there 15 minutes of fame these days. Why don't trust the news can be answered with another question: Why trust the streamers?
Old 07-27-2021, 10:18 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was your daughter a warrior with mortal strike and you were a resto druid using bear charge stun with cyclone? If so, that duo team ruined my experience in arenas being as broken as they were in Burning Crusade. Sorry your suspended. The suspension will be over quick. Blizzard has bigger problems anyway.
Ya war + druid is good but rog + druid where the rogue is using wound poison is arguably as good

Warlock + druid and hunter + druid are also capable of top ranks (2500+). Really resto druids are just incredibly effective in 2v2 where they can pillar hump while spamming those hots and have bear charge interrupt and cyclone to disrupt as well
Closed Thread