Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 03-04-2021, 02:15 AM
Large Rat

Default Mobs hit way too far

I'm having issues with mobs hitting me from 10-20 ft away with 50ms ping. I'm curious if the size of my monitor has anything to do with this and running a massive resolution? I swarm kited to 50 very easily on blue server when I was running on my laptop a couple years ago. But now I cannot do this at all because mobs will hit and stun me dead, while still being 5seconds behind me at normal run speed.
Old 03-04-2021, 02:35 AM
Planar Protector

Well, a couple of yeas ago the "stun from attacks behind you" wasn't implemented.
Old 03-04-2021, 02:54 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, a couple of yeas ago the "stun from attacks behind you" wasn't implemented.
Unless it was implemented buggy, this wouldn't be the issue. When I say they're 15-20 feet away from me, I mean they are incredibly far when landing hits. I notice this while pulling, and it's not just stuns. I mention stuns because what happens after the pull, is while strafe-circling I will get hit and stunned, and then be able to get away because despite the mobs being right on top of me, after hitting me, and after the stun has worn off, they'll have pathed off course a bit and now theyre even further from where they were when they initially hit me. So it feels like a resolution issue because I've read that it can affect things even such as fall damage, which makes me think it'll affect where mobs think that I am. It feels like the server and my game client are not syncing my location correctly. I tried dropping my window's resolution down, as well as my ingame resolution, and while it fixed it somewhat, I am still having the same issues, just seemingly not as frequently.
Old 03-04-2021, 03:05 AM
Large Rat

Also I would like to note, this is definitely not an issue with my technique, as I've swarmed very successfully in the past.

The default resolution that is recommended on my monitor is 3840x2160. It is quite large, 50" at least.
Old 03-04-2021, 04:34 PM
Large Rat

Default FIXED

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeOfHorus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm having issues with mobs hitting me from 10-20 ft away with 50ms ping. I'm curious if the size of my monitor has anything to do with this and running a massive resolution? I swarm kited to 50 very easily on blue server when I was running on my laptop a couple years ago. But now I cannot do this at all because mobs will hit and stun me dead, while still being 5seconds behind me at normal run speed.
The issue has been resolved.

I ended up lowering my in game resolution, my desktop resolution, and then adjusted the settings on the actual monitor itself to only use 1/4 of the monitor (the bottom-right quarter/corner), while blacking out the other 3/4 parts of the monitor. This has fixed all issues and I can now successfully swarm again. I consider this problem fixed, and if anyone else encounters a similar issue, a smaller monitor with a smaller resolution will also fix this issue.