Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 06:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris28tx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What Vondra said depends on the class. Warrior weapons are /auc very cheap in EC from what I see, daggers for rogues can be, but are usually high ie: Dragoon Dirk can be seen anywhere 100-400pp this should be considered a low mid lvl weapon. Robes for INT casters are expensive as are held items for INT casters, Oracle Robe can be found usually 150-300 but a robe of enshroudment for a necro only, from a necro only quest is 500 but way less stats, FBR from najena is usually 150-300, very rare 500.. So most low lvl items are either not sold or are expensive due to price gouging by twinks, mid level items are very expensive and top end level items are well, they are what they are...

As for making money, well if you are around 12 and want to keep making and saving money then do not group in Oasis (where 90% of the 12-15 population group) as there are no drops here and only the orcs drop money. You can go to Upper Guk for good money and drops but you will find only 1 group around lvl 14, all other groups will be 20+.
I play mostly off times as well unless I get a chance at work, so I usually play after midnight cst and usually around 8am cst - 11am cst, groups for levels 13-20 is 0. All I can suggest is do a /who all lfg your level range, mine is /who all lfg 14 21, and ask everyone on that list LOL also do a /who all your zone you look at, mine daily is /who all lfg 14 21, who all guktop, who all lakeof, who all oasis, who all bef, who all high (forget the exact typing for highhold), who all unrest.. So basically just make groups yourself, don't depend on others and hope it all works out lol and eventually you will start getting them.
I think you'll find the prices you listed are extremely high in comparison to what is offered during normal U.S hours. For example dragoon dirk is usually 50p, FBR is usually 100p.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

low level game is a ghost town here, but the 40+ game isnt too shabby.

Its an old server, so everyone has their high level toons that they play already.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris28tx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dragoon Dirk can be seen anywhere 100-400pp this should be considered a low mid lvl weapon.
this is not relevant information... dragoon dirks are used for the leatherfoot raider cap quest which is an item desirable by any high lvl raiding character. a rogue can get something like a gloomwater harpoon which is statistically far superior for about 200p. and to even consider selling something worth less than 200p for most people is just a waste of time, 200 is realistically the lowest you can expect any item to go for just based on the inconvenience of selling it in east commons.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No doubt there is a lot of loot by now, the server has been around long enough. But I think most of it don't get sold anymore as it is on old unplayed chars. I sent tells to so many people asking if they had any old gear for sale. I was given a +2 INT ring, which I was very happy about, but noone had something they could sell to me. Only what was being pushed out by the same people over and over again in /auc for high prices. But I think you backed me up by saying there is a huge inflation in prices, because these prices can only met by people with enough money for twinks.

High levels farming stuff...

Oh I didnt say there isnt enough people to group with, i've had a group each day i've played. When I mentioned my playing time being european, it was refering to the status of EC during that time of day.

The last 9 days I played about 12 hours a day. I made some friends and we tend to group together now.

When you say there is plenty of loot to be had, I agree.. But imo the population is too low for it to be had.

---

My main point was about scale/ratio. It was clearly set on live (we all know they tweaked drop rates) that based on the amount of players a certain amount of loot would be distributed in an amount that keeps a good economy. But it's not the same as live, there is nowhere near the same amount of people, but the drop rate is kept the same. How can that work?
Just play the game and find your own loot.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:50 PM
Planar Protector

I wonder if the OP is just trolling us all. I'm getting very depressed about this server because the low end is just flooded with items. An *untwinked* L20 character is going to have a Cane of the Tranquil, Nathsar Greatsword, Green Jade Broadsword, or whatever. These all have stats that are not much worse than true classic god gear (11/24 blood fire with proc vs 11/25 cane for example). Every group has at least 1 twink who can bring in a high level char for ridiculous buffs like C2 or thorns. I joined an Upper Guk group of twinks (my warrior in full sebilite scale with a Staff of Battle, the rogue with a sebilite croaking dirk and a CSS, and an SK with a fungi and ebon mace, etc) and we were levelling every 1.5 hours or so. It's just nuts. Even at the high end hate and fear are trivial when you roll in with 20 55+ characters.

I think I'd actually vote for a server wipe right now, just cause this doesn't even feel like everquest.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:39 PM
Planar Protector

Sometimes I think about playing on the PVP server, and then I remember the types of people that play there :P
Old 11-28-2011, 11:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is nothing really wrong with the prices on Blue99. Fungis are way overpriced, and Iksar BPs IMO. But other than that everything is really reasonably priced.
a lot of this is due to how rare it was, but it was recently tweaked to reflect live better or so I have been told.

I expect them to drop a good deal in the next mo. Already a bunch have dropped in the past week.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:57 PM
Planar Protector

increasing loot rate? lol... then there will be no economy son...
Old 11-29-2011, 12:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just play the game and find your own loot.
I agree with this. It's a lot more fun/classic this way! I think I've bought and paid for maybe 10 items since I started over a year ago. Everything else is farmed or raided/grouped for. I treat all of my alts the same way, although i did help my druid get the mace from kith by killing the ghoul and I also killed starshyne in hhp for him. I don't transfer money or gear to them though, I like to "earn" it all. It's so much more economical/fun that way imo!
Old 11-29-2011, 01:05 AM
Aviak

Smoker, not to be mean but it is obvious you have not played long here at all. Currently with the holidays here the population has predictably lowered, also if you did not know Red99 PvP server just opened up, so some players have moved over there to either stay or play around on a fresh new toy.

Prices for Item may not be good in your opinion but you have to realize prices fluctuate on certain facts:
  1. Kunark just came out on P99 not long ago, all loot from these zones naturally are high.
  2. Original Zone loot went way down from a year ago because of Kunark, I remember when 'Ruined Mithril Bracer' went for over 1k, now is about 400pp.
  3. Amount of Money rotating in the game.
  4. Now the most Important Fact of them all *What people are willing to pay for a certain Item*, If someone is willing to pay 10k for a weapon, then that is the price that is set till someone cant sell it for that anymore.
  5. Supply and Demand -Sums it up-
You may not like it, but this is how it is on this server, or any server for that matter. If you do not like it, tough.
Hate to say it but dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
Closed Thread