Old 07-07-2018, 10:41 PM
Fire Giant

Default another warrior DPS + aggro which weapons to use thread

So these are the current weapons at my disposal:

Epics
Swift Blade of Zek
Frostbringer
Wrapped Entropy blind whip

Just testing around today, I thought SBoZ/epic would be the most DPS but after parsing self buffed (59 iksar) eyepatch haste on the green giants outside kael wakening land. I was doing 40dps minimum upwards of 50 if lucky with an average of ~44 dps for nearly 50 kills of the same giant type.

I swapped to epic/epic and right away not only did I notice a bigger damage increase(maybe because primary bonus dmg to a 14dmg = higher hits?) and was pulling 52-55dps with ease and obviously a higher average dmg per hit. Add in procs and I could surpass 60dps with just 1-2 procs. This was over ~39 more giants of the same.

Now as far as aggro tanking goes, in previous exp groups seb etc I had very little issue pulling aggro using an item like swift blade/whip or swift/lammy using taunt for the most part. In some kael arena mini raid group I was using dual epics which worked well, but felt like I needed that extra proc chance from the WESS which came in handy when procs went off, not often enough to always hold aggro even though I think most of the melee were newbies and not evading/fd or watching aggro.

For pure aggro tanking/raid situation is epic/blind whip going to be my best or would frostbringer be better offhand then blind whip?

And another question. Is it worth it to still pursue a willsapper and infestation? Willsapper should be better mainhand then epic possibly? Long ago I saw some list of the optimal weapon setup for whats obtainable going from like sod/trident down to early vel noob aggro weapons frostbringer/wess etc and after seeing so many warriors using various combos now its just hard to tell if thats what they think is best or prefer or is best. Willsapper lacks stats that MH epic does, but ratio is better and proc if landed would be great for random things(obv resisted by velious raid bosses) but still aggro generator.