Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 10:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are going to do a drop transfer literally at the EC tunnel, utilize the upper regions of the front open lip. Nobody every looks around the edges there, simply walk up a bit so you are above everyone and do your drop transfer up there.

Almost no one pays attention to the top part of the tunnel, you could probably drop transfer 10 things and not a soul would pick up on what is going on because you are basically invisible to the entire tunnel dwelling population.
I do my EC drop transfers in the back in the shady swashbuckler room. Invis up and drop behind some of the crates or barrels in the back where I have my alt pre-parked. Only lost about 1.5k in items in 1 drop transfer in my years here, and that was due to a crash and 15 mins of login server errors. I used to drop in north ro up on the cliff wall when you hang a left out of the tunnel, but I cant be bothered to go through an extra zoneline anymore.
Old 09-21-2018, 04:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Drop xfering in the most populated zone in the game sounds like an awesome idea OP
It's certainly better to just ask someone. I do it only because I live in Asia so my play time is like 4am pacific and 95% of the people in the tunnel are AFK.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:27 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are going to do a drop transfer literally at the EC tunnel, utilize the upper regions of the front open lip. Nobody every looks around the edges there, simply walk up a bit so you are above everyone and do your drop transfer up there.

Almost no one pays attention to the top part of the tunnel, you could probably drop transfer 10 things and not a soul would pick up on what is going on because you are basically invisible to the entire tunnel dwelling population.
This is horrible advice. Everyone sees the top of the tunnel when they run into it. They would 100% see the bag. No, they wouldn't see it from inside the tunnel, but of course they would see it when running in, or sitting at the entrance looking into it.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

Boredom setting in...thread still has lots of potential. Next person who says : "ermagerd don't drop transfer ask a high level har har" IS THE VILLAIN...
Old 09-21-2018, 09:42 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol @ top 10 gloves
Yeah, arranged by stats, it's more like top 25. My bad.
Riigor - Cazic Thule Necromancer of <Auld Lang Syne>
Old 09-21-2018, 12:10 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Any word yet? Was the Russian collusion angle investigated yet? I bet we can blame Trump for this.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumluk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any word yet? Was the Russian collusion angle investigated yet? I bet we can blame Trump for this.
As soon as i hear ill post an update
Old 09-21-2018, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is horrible advice. Everyone sees the top of the tunnel when they run into it. They would 100% see the bag. No, they wouldn't see it from inside the tunnel, but of course they would see it when running in, or sitting at the entrance looking into it.
You'd be surprised. People are so oblivious to what is happening right in front of them they will rarely pay attention to anything but themselves as most people in EC don't sightsee upon the glorious brown and yellowish landscape. Soon as someone enters the lip of the tunnel, no one ever looks around the edges- eva.

Also highly doubt anyone would spot a tiny brown bag amongst all the yellow and brown sand around the upper regions of the diagonal slope of the tunnel. Sometimes you can barely see the bag when you camp right on the spot you dropped it.

Again though, this is advice only to be taken if you must do a drop transfer when you are already basically stuck at the tunnel. I would never specifically travel to the EC tunnel for the purpose of drop transferring, that's what the area behind the Velious portal rings are for ( no one ever walks behind them, you could literally have an orgy back there and no one would ever know )
Last edited by Erati; 09-21-2018 at 12:20 PM..
Old 09-21-2018, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Someone gonna make a rogue and sit invis at these spots mentioned now. Keep us updated in this thread
Old 09-21-2018, 01:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
You'd be surprised. People are so oblivious to what is happening right in front of them they will rarely pay attention to anything but themselves as most people in EC don't sightsee upon the glorious brown and yellowish landscape. Soon as someone enters the lip of the tunnel, no one ever looks around the edges- eva.

Also highly doubt anyone would spot a tiny brown bag amongst all the yellow and brown sand around the upper regions of the diagonal slope of the tunnel. Sometimes you can barely see the bag when you camp right on the spot you dropped it.

Again though, this is advice only to be taken if you must do a drop transfer when you are already basically stuck at the tunnel. I would never specifically travel to the EC tunnel for the purpose of drop transferring, that's what the area behind the Velious portal rings are for ( no one ever walks behind them, you could literally have an orgy back there and no one would ever know )
The sand is yellow, the bag is dark brown. Drop a BS bag there and watch it, i bet it gets picked up within 2 minutes.

It would make more sense to drop it inside one of the Inns in a side room, or inside an Orc Tent or something out of the way. Rather than right in front of 100 people and hope no one sees it.
Closed Thread