Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 08:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This solution does not preclude any other. No one's denying that other options exist that are far more efficacious in terms of positive contribution, but they're not mutually exclusive. You won't find anyone that thinks repops are a bad idea.

The variance was implemented and later refined. Take issue with the implementation and not the refining process.
And FTE will be too.

The problem is the process and the persistent fumbling. It's just bandaids upon bandaids, hoping to salvage something until they get it right when in reality it never worked in the first place. This is no different. And rather than address something everyone wants and is truly classic, we'll get yet another bandaid.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Here come the changes...
this should be elethia's new sig!
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 07-07-2013, 10:08 PM
Sarnak

To say that classic everquest wasn't flawed would b outrageous. This is a niche server, its classic that is played by or around 1k people, not thousands and thousands.

Its working within the best means possible, do i fully consider it classic? No. But it is what it is, i dont wanna crowd around 200+ people for a mob all week, thats just stupid.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writ3r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't act as if this change is what remedied the situation
There's an undeniable and immediate correlation between the demise of socking and the implementation of the windows.

The only thing I have ever claimed is that they remedied was the variance's inability to completely eliminate socking. The variance is now functioning as it was originally intended. I personally believe that this server would prosper more with a system that prevents a person from ever knowing when a mob will spawn with any real certainty than it would under the previous variance or under a non-variance system. But, I'm open to the idea that I am mistaken. I think it'd be a great thing if we spent the next few months trying different schemes for a month or two at a time to gather data.

If you're really interested in improving the server make your argument more thoroughly and with a more proper presentation. I love raiding and rushing to engage a target as much as anyone in TMO, but don't accuse me of bad faith without just cause. Recrimination isn't going to move the ball.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writ3r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You act as if you are the one to discuss with or please, when that isn't the case unless we are all missing something here. I guess i wouldn't be surprised though since your random idea gets slid in under Nilbog's nose.

I was here on this server raiding far before you were even up to raid level, back when it was truly classic timing. Raid scene was much better and there were far less targets. It wasn't until a change in the people through rules lawyering and other corruptive tactics inspired by variance which in turn has killed the scene/attitude here forever.

Simply said it is beyond repair due to the people it caters to and inspires to prosper, it is a flawed system always has been always will be.
so what youre saying is you have nothing useful to contribute. we already knew that
Old 07-08-2013, 07:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's an undeniable and immediate correlation between the demise of socking and the implementation of the windows.
There's also undeniably a fair amount of favoritism towards zerg guilds with massive numbers by pushing massive windows - and to this point, both Nilbog and Rogean have admitted as much.

So what've we got as of late...

- We've got Nilbog and Rogean changing the mechanics of every NPC in the game because a few people used mouse and keyboard recorders to grab FTE. Somehow changing the mechanics of every NPC in the game is the logical solution to this problem.

- They've added another variance on top of the former one (that never worked and has been in place for three years) that the vast majority of players don't want, admitting that it's to the detriment of the majority of this server's raiding guilds and players. Mind you that this has been in place since February of this year, because apparently an "oopsie" that they admit actually harms more people than it helps is quite fine to sit in place for half a year (and it would be uncharacteristic to expect any sort of changes at all)

- Now we get an FTE shout mechanic that's going to require another 3-4 fixes before it's even passable

Frieza, there's little doubt the raid scene is a constant work in progress but that would be ignoring the apathy, ignorance, and inaptitude of the two at the top to actually take the proper steps to correct - or more accurately take any steps at all. It's gotten to the point where it's the same two people fumbling ball yet you're pointing to the dropped ball as the problem.

You can have the most accurate code that very closely resembles classic, but if you're implementation is anything but then it's all for nothing. What makes this worse is that they've admitted there are serious issues with it and that they've pushed patches recently that benefit no one or favor a certain subset of people, yet it's been nearly half a year and it still hasn't been fixed. If you're thinking, "How does that even happen?" then you need to remember that it's the same two people that kept the massive variance when it didn't work for a full three years, push patches that don't agree with, and are about as consistent as a coin flip. When you take into account what's happened the last 3+ years then it makes far more sense: they don't give a fuck, so why the hell do you?
Last edited by Skope; 07-08-2013 at 07:54 AM..
Old 07-08-2013, 08:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by knix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will humor your mean spirited query here. You apparently didn't comprehend my question, the question was when the initial FTE feigns death. Currently we have to fraps to show guide staff that the the initial engager had flopped.
Except FTE as a mechanic has ALWAYS been susceptible to this exploitation, Phisting points it out to you:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how is this any different from the current setup?
It's not.
FTE notifications will not solve your issue any more than current GM-reviewed FTE claims. The difference is FTE can now be decided without GM intervention.

If you are having issues with FTE and FD, I suggest your raid not engage until you obtain an affirmative FTE shout. Or, you could be civil human beings and come to an agreement, but why have civility in anything when you can force server CSR to define rules for everything? Sometimes the world doesn't need more rules, it just needs fewer people abusing them.

But you, Knix, are happy to pay millions to the lady who sued after spilling hot coffee on herself because the rule wasn't defined. Common sense should be the rule of this server, not litigation:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you're going to notice in time that i'm a very big advocate of "common sense" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Kobold

The "it's not classic" argument is completely shit... Look, it's also not classic that everyone isn't paying a monthly subscription for each account holding toons. Without risking real investment in toons people are bigger shitbags here than on live. While the content on here is the closest to classic i have seen on any of the emulators the automation of gm type functions that are getting added can only help to free the gm's up to do real classic stuff like running events instead of mediating your personal bullshit.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't want to change the dynamic of pulling for raids. It's one thing to help sort out a cluster of who attacked first.. but being able to monitor aggro and disengages from anywhere in a zone is too much. If there are problems after implementation, I will look further into this.

Adding these scripts will take me very little time at all. I mean like.. 10 minutes if everyone is in agreement before I begin. If I can spend very little time to improve player experience and lessen the GM duties of the staff, I will.

These npcs will receive this functionality:
Any missing? Any foreseen problems with the npcs listed?
Dojo
52 Monk Happytime
Old 07-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotsirb401 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dojo
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The following npcs have this functionality as of next patch:
  • lord nagafen
  • lady vox
  • cazic thule
  • trakanon
  • innoruuk
  • faydedar
  • talendor
  • gorenaire
  • severilous
  • venril sathir
  • maestro of rancor