Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Banned

Want a solution for FTE? MOVE RED, Stop putting up with this bullshit FTE getting your loot stolen because some noob got it 1ms before you hit it. Every other post in non-pvp is about FTE crying. You won't find any of this when you can kill the person and take their camp/boss.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's also undeniably a fair amount of favoritism towards zerg guilds with massive numbers by pushing massive windows - and to this point, both Nilbog and Rogean have admitted as much.

So what've we got as of late...

- We've got Nilbog and Rogean changing the mechanics of every NPC in the game because a few people used mouse and keyboard recorders to grab FTE. Somehow changing the mechanics of every NPC in the game is the logical solution to this problem.

- They've added another variance on top of the former one (that never worked and has been in place for three years) that the vast majority of players don't want, admitting that it's to the detriment of the majority of this server's raiding guilds and players. Mind you that this has been in place since February of this year, because apparently an "oopsie" that they admit actually harms more people than it helps is quite fine to sit in place for half a year (and it would be uncharacteristic to expect any sort of changes at all)

- Now we get an FTE shout mechanic that's going to require another 3-4 fixes before it's even passable

Frieza, there's little doubt the raid scene is a constant work in progress but that would be ignoring the apathy, ignorance, and inaptitude of the two at the top to actually take the proper steps to correct - or more accurately take any steps at all. It's gotten to the point where it's the same two people fumbling ball yet you're pointing to the dropped ball as the problem.

You can have the most accurate code that very closely resembles classic, but if you're implementation is anything but then it's all for nothing. What makes this worse is that they've admitted there are serious issues with it and that they've pushed patches recently that benefit no one or favor a certain subset of people, yet it's been nearly half a year and it still hasn't been fixed. If you're thinking, "How does that even happen?" then you need to remember that it's the same two people that kept the massive variance when it didn't work for a full three years, push patches that don't agree with, and are about as consistent as a coin flip. When you take into account what's happened the last 3+ years then it makes far more sense: they don't give a fuck, so why the hell do you?

Well I'm on right now, not giving a fuck I guess. Adding the fte shouts, which are perl.. not even c++, took all of 10 minutes to figure out the best way, then about 5 more to implement. If it saves our gms time and petitions, great. If not, they will be changed or removed. This thread isn't about variance. If anyone on the 'staff' would want no variance, it is me. I also want npcs to win every fight, for players to have no item links, move around items within banked containers, and have their autoattack key default bound to 'A'. These issues to me are just as important as variance is to you.

I don't perform GM duties nor pay the folks who do.. so you won't see me forcing that upon them, especially when Rogean is in charge of csr. Go ahead and blame me if you need, because it certainly says project manager beneath my name. If you have a problem with content, you come right to me, ok?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who asked: weekly simulated patch day respawns are still on my agenda and will continue to be worked on amidst velious development.

The fte messages will not function on the pvp server.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also want npcs to win every fight, for players to have no item links, move around items within banked containers, and have their autoattack key default bound to 'A'.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-08-2013, 03:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well I'm on right now, not giving a fuck I guess. Adding the fte shouts, which are perl.. not even c++, took all of 10 minutes to figure out the best way, then about 5 more to implement. If it saves our gms time and petitions, great. If not, they will be changed or removed. This thread isn't about variance. If anyone on the 'staff' would want no variance, it is me. I also want npcs to win every fight, for players to have no item links, move around items within banked containers, and have their autoattack key default bound to 'A'. These issues to me are just as important as variance is to you.

I don't perform GM duties nor pay the folks who do.. so you won't see me forcing that upon them, especially when Rogean is in charge of csr. Go ahead and blame me if you need, because it certainly says project manager beneath my name. If you have a problem with content, you come right to me, ok?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who asked: weekly simulated patch day respawns are still on my agenda and will continue to be worked on amidst velious development.

The role of a project manager can be described like this:

Every man on the team is in a line. Then people say who's to blame for this issue! Everyone else steps back 1 foot meanwhile the project has a beam behind him.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well I'm on right now, not giving a fuck I guess. Adding the fte shouts, which are perl.. not even c++, took all of 10 minutes to figure out the best way, then about 5 more to implement. If it saves our gms time and petitions, great. If not, they will be changed or removed.
But how long would it take you to remove something that you've already admitted favors a certain subset of players? 6 months? 7? another three years?

Quote:
This thread isn't about variance. If anyone on the 'staff' would want no variance, it is me.
This holds no water. 3+ years of the original variance that never worked and now you two (you've given the nod on this, as you two discussed it) to add another variance on top of it, which itself has been around for another 5 months.

You can claim you dislike it and that the additional variance sucks, but ultimately it's still here and has been here for the vast majority this server has been up. While I appreciate your sentiment, it's fruitless unless it's addressed. The patch notes say one thing (keep adding variance) while your forum posts say you dislike it and think it should be done away with. I agree with your forum posts, but who the hell gives a shit when the patch notes state the exact opposite? Unless it's RnF, we're not playing on the forums.

Quote:

You've given the nod on this stuff, Nilbog. It's not like he went behind your back to implement it. 'Do whatever you want' only works provided there aren't screwups in the decision-making process, yet there's clearly been quite a few screwups in the decision-making process. In the end it makes both of you look bad.

The issue with FTE is that it isn't a step in the forward direction, but rather a step to the side that by itself does nothing to improve the situation. Coupled with the fact that there are blatant holes in the implementation and the other 'what in the hell were they thinking?' patches, one can only think of what's been ignored for seemingly an eternity would've been the better approach here. But hey, we've got FTE, right?
Last edited by Skope; 07-08-2013 at 05:25 PM..
Old 07-08-2013, 05:25 PM
Sarnak

Well the basic premise of "We'll create a variance to make it more painful to camp raid bosses thus discouraging the behavior..." really had no such impact and actually hurt the server.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevengeofGio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The role of a project manager can be described like this:

Every man on the team is in a line. Then people say who's to blame for this issue! Everyone else steps back 1 foot meanwhile the project has a beam behind him.
And you spend 99% of your time trying to explain to people that due to not having unlimited engineering resources everything they want added cannot be done overnight =P

Priorities???? Bullshit everything in the world should be implemented by Monday!
Old 07-08-2013, 05:41 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But how long would it take you to remove something that you've already admitted favors a certain subset of players? 6 months? 7? another three years?

This holds no water. 3+ years of the original variance that never worked and now you two (you've given the nod on this, as you two discussed it) to add another variance on top of it, which itself has been around for another 5 months.

You can claim you dislike it and that the additional variance sucks, but ultimately it's still here and has been here for the vast majority this server has been up. While I appreciate your sentiment, it's fruitless unless it's addressed. The patch notes say one thing (keep adding variance) while your forum posts say you dislike it and think it should be done away with. I agree with your forum posts, but who the hell gives a shit when the patch notes state the exact opposite? Unless it's RnF, we're not playing on the forums.

You've given the nod on this stuff, Nilbog. It's not like he went behind your back to implement it. 'Do whatever you want' only works provided there aren't screwups in the decision-making process, yet there's clearly been quite a few screwups in the decision-making process. In the end it makes both of you look bad.

The issue with FTE is that it isn't a step in the forward direction, but rather a step to the side that by itself does nothing to improve the situation. Coupled with the fact that there are blatant holes in the implementation and the other 'what in the hell were they thinking?' patches, one can only think of what's been ignored for seemingly an eternity would've been the better approach here. But hey, we've got FTE, right?
Again, this thread is not about variance. You seem to think you know everything without asking me, or believing what I say, so why should I change your mind or respond to the rhetoric?

It is naive to assume you know perfectly how everything should work; I will say that. You should go to one of the variance threads and make a proposal of what you think should be done. If you have already done so, bump it. You will see a % of people agree with you, a % of people won't, a % of people read and don't post, and a % of people don't care whatsoever. There is a subset of the pvp server that is actually requesting variance, because of what no-variance does, even when they can resolve raids without gm intervention (pvp). Think about it. The rest of the gaming industry instituted instances for a reason - you can't please everyone.

Essentially, I tried to do something good with limited time. I have spent more time replying to this than instituting the fte shouts, so I'm not going to do so anymore.

Leave this thread for fte shouts. If you have a problem with fte shouts, talk about fte shouts. Fte shouts.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

ya attack the main dev to this time piece, makes sense.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I tried to do something good with limited time.
I think the mere fact that we're arguing about something other than FTE shouts shows just how universally the community appreciates their implementation. So, for what it's worth, thank you.

Also, I think I missed it/am reading it wrong, but I just want to clarify because I'm slightly confused.

Is the following accurate?

"FTE shouts will issue upon FTE of the mob. A new/second shout will only issue should the mob reset its aggro list." Example: Monk hits Trak: FTE shout. Monk's buddy engages: NO FTE shout. Monk & his buddy die and aggro list clears .01 seconds later. Necro hits Trak: FTE Shout.

Do I have it right?
Closed Thread