Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 05:52 PM
Banned

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...light=proposed

And I'm assuming the proposed raid changes are also going down the toilet as well? You claimed they'd be implemented, but why should anyone believe that?

Quit adding non-classic mechanics to classic problems that had classic solutions. If you want guilds to quit /petitioning for every dumb thing then just delete the loot. You'll see how quickly they start getting along and cooperating.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:55 PM
Banned

nilbog youre doing a good job, would love a pre-variance on spawns kinda like ragefire where once dead they in window again (maybe...[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
Old 07-08-2013, 05:59 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the mere fact that we're arguing about something other than FTE shouts shows just how universally the community appreciates their implementation. So, for what it's worth, thank you.

Also, I think I missed it/am reading it wrong, but I just want to clarify because I'm slightly confused.

Is the following accurate?

"FTE shouts will issue upon FTE of the mob. A new/second shout will only issue should the mob reset its aggro list." Example: Monk hits Trak: FTE shout. Monk's buddy engages: NO FTE shout. Monk & his buddy die and aggro list clears .01 seconds later. Necro hits Trak: FTE Shout.

Do I have it right?
Yes. You can consider the fte shout an addition to when an npc would give its aggro message. i.e.

• Talendor shouts 'How amusing. You foolish mortals actually think to challenge me? Very well, then, I shall enjoy searing the flesh from your bones!'
  • Talendor engages $name. (sent to clients within a reasonable distance)

If Talendor was still engaged, he would not show his aggro message again, because he is already engaged.

Nothing has changed about who was first to engage will be recorded, this merely displays in game what the GMs would check the event logs to determine.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And I'm assuming the proposed raid changes are also going down the toilet as well? You claimed they'd be implemented, but why should anyone believe that?

Quit adding non-classic mechanics to classic problems that had classic solutions. If you want guilds to quit /petitioning for every dumb thing then just delete the loot. You'll see how quickly they start getting along and cooperating.
Dude, you keep bringing up other issues when this thread is clearly about FTE shouts.

Nilbog is a good dude and talking down to him only makes the community here look like ungrateful dickheads.

Keep up the good work, nilbog.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:01 PM
Banned

have you done any work with a monk/necro/sk that could FD after the shout?
Old 07-08-2013, 06:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude, you keep bringing up other issues when this thread is clearly about FTE shouts.

Nilbog is a good dude and talking down to him only makes the community here look like ungrateful dickheads.

Keep up the good work, nilbog.
Pointing out discrepancies and hypocrisy isn't bitching and whining from an ungrateful dickhead. Nilbog doesn't need any more praise from me, I've made it more than clear for the entire time i've been here that he's the only reasonable person on this whole project, and I can tell you that a vast majority of people feel the exact same way. But when he makes mistakes then you shouldn't cower behind a wall of 'thanks for everything, even the bad stuff.' If he decided to release Vah Shir as a playable race, he'd still be the most reasonable person running the show, but that doesn't make it a good idea and certainly doesn't jive with his "there will be no cats on the moon" statement.

The overwhelming majority of mistakes on this server have been CSR related, but lately the CSR problems have been pouring over into patch notes and Nilbog's been giving his okay on them. I'm not talking about instances which are iffy and there's a potential gray area, but stuff like changing the mechanics to every NPC in the game because a few dickheads want to run a mouse and keyboard recorder, or adding additional variance when a decrease in variance was promised...

How do you not question that? I'm grateful for the server, but I cringe every time a patch comes out, because it undoubtedly gets worse and worse
Old 07-09-2013, 02:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not talking about instances which are iffy and there's a potential gray area, but stuff like changing the mechanics to every NPC in the game because a few dickheads want to run a mouse and keyboard recorder, or adding additional variance when a decrease in variance was promised...
What mechanics were changed by this? It could have also be done with a gm toon spawning and shouting who had FTE, which is basically the same as what already happens when a gm is around. Just easier to do it the way it is. GM automation is definitely a step in the right direction. People need to stop confusing content with policies put in for management of the player base.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes. You can consider the fte shout an addition to when an npc would give its aggro message. i.e.

• Talendor shouts 'How amusing. You foolish mortals actually think to challenge me? Very well, then, I shall enjoy searing the flesh from your bones!'
  • Talendor engages $name. (sent to clients within a reasonable distance)

If Talendor was still engaged, he would not show his aggro message again, because he is already engaged.

Nothing has changed about who was first to engage will be recorded, this merely displays in game what the GMs would check the event logs to determine.
and if de-agro'd he would just shout again!!

Wow fuckin genius... these qq'ers need to go to another sand box! Good work nilbog sir!
Old 07-09-2013, 03:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't perform GM duties nor pay the folks who do.. so you won't see me forcing that upon them, especially when Rogean is in charge of csr. Go ahead and blame me if you need, because it certainly says project manager beneath my name. If you have a problem with content, you come right to me, ok?
Wait so GMs are paid (emphasis added)? Was that just an expression or have I been that clueless this entire time?
Old 07-09-2013, 04:07 PM
Project Manager

It clearly says "I don't perform gm duties nor pay the folks who do" [perform gm duties].

Meaning, I don't perform that role, nor is anyone paid to perform that role. This isn't a business and I'm not forcing someone to babysit above and beyond the call of a volunteer position.
Closed Thread