Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 06:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kender [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how does this benefit anyone but TMO who already have most of what they want and are now only farming for plat (and in all likelyhood RMT)

Less loot in game = higher prices for the stuff that's farmed for coin and less likely that a smaller guild can get the mobs cause they can't camp 30 alts on the spawn
Rogean and Nilbog have already admitted that the changes benefit the people poopsocking and the huge zergforces, but if you're looking for a fair and reasonable approach then I'd suggest you find another server.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:13 PM
Aviak

I've thought a neat way to drive variance would be to randomly pull ahead another raid targets timer by (lets say 12 hrs) each time a raid target dies. This way you will have targets spawning artificially early and more difficult to time. There's still a chance a target doesn't get pulled ahead at all. But also possible you could see a 3 day target up mere hours after it dies.

Gives large guilds with presence their advantage of numbers, but also creates a dynamic element to encourage mobility. Of course, artificial patch days kind of do the same thing.

All no drop raid loot wasn't a terrible idea either.

It definitely hurts my head to read these threads and I don't even have a horse in the race. Is pretty crazy there is such a drive in the raid scene though. Just wish it didn't sound so unhealthy.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoresby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've thought a neat way to drive variance would be to randomly pull ahead another raid targets timer by (lets say 12 hrs) each time a raid target dies. This way you will have targets spawning artificially early and more difficult to time. There's still a chance a target doesn't get pulled ahead at all. But also possible you could see a 3 day target up mere hours after it dies.
You're suggesting what some have started calling "linked respawns."

It's a reasonably popular idea, and a lot are intrigued by it because of the dynamic factor your mentioned. However, most have put that aside in favor of semi-random repops which is generally the most popular solution.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogean and Nilbog have already admitted that the changes benefit the people poopsocking and the huge zergforces, but if you're looking for a fair and reasonable approach then I'd suggest you find another server.
I can't believe that anyone really wants this unless its just for RMT.
Eventually raiders get tired and existing players start to leave. Then all the effort and accumulation of plat doesn't matter.

"Yeah we won the raiding scene on p99" <--- doesn't count for much outside of the people who play on this server...

I'll go back to a previous point though - this is the nature of EQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] if anything a forced rotation needs to be in place. I know evil evil favoring casual players, but it may help the long term health of the game. Velious might solve some of this also (unless TMO or IB or FE just become so big that they are everywhere at once....)
Old 07-10-2013, 06:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevengeofGio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't believe that anyone really wants this unless its just for RMT.
It is bordering on the point of tinfoil-hattery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevengeofGio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eventually raiders get tired and existing players start to leave. Then all the effort and accumulation of plat doesn't matter.
The burnout rate has always been enormous, and this has only expanded that. People play P99 while it's all bright and shiny, but as soon as they realize just how much of a shithole Rogean and Nilbog have made the raid scene, the vast majority quit.

Quote:
I'll go back to a previous point though - this is the nature of EQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It isn't. It's the nature of P99.

Quote:
Velious might solve some of this also (unless TMO or IB or FE just become so big that they are everywhere at once....)
No, not while they're (admittedly...) favoring the zergforce+poopsock. And given that they're pushing patch notes for them, I reckon your hope is unwarranted and unjustified.

The "Classic Everquest" slogan should read: "Where we take the most accurate Everquest code and fuck it up relentlessly"
Old 07-11-2013, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

can i get this explained then?

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 07-13-2013, 12:35 AM
Kobold

Well... it is pretty difficult to raid 2 or 3 mobs at the same time. Maybe you can group raid targets into tiers and make it so multiple targets within the same tier spawn simultaneously.

For example, maybe have Cazic, Inny, and say, Faydedar all spawn at the same time. Make Gorenaire, Sev, and Trak spawn at the same time.

This will force guilds to choose which target to pursue. If Uberguild_001 chooses to go after Trak, so be it. That means Sev and Gore are up for others to kill.

Would need some kind of logic that balances the spawn time windows so that overall the spawns are the same frequency in the long run.

Some other dynamics (obviously not classic, but pragmatic) may be to have raid engagements in one zone have the chance to trigger a spawn in another. For example, maybe with each dragon killed in VP, there is a 5-10% chance of Trak spawning. Or when Velious comes out, while key mobs in ST are killed or engaged (below 50% or something) there is a small chance that a boss that drops an ST key piece will trigger.

Since 2boxing is not allowed, simultaneous targets creates a true opportunity cost dilemma for raiding parties.
Last edited by pallius; 07-13-2013 at 12:45 AM..
Old 07-13-2013, 01:19 AM
Kobold

Tracking for days on end sucks. Reduce the variance so people that can't be on for 3 days straight get a freakin chance at killing something

Server is so in favor of the people who never log off
Old 07-16-2013, 07:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tracking for days on end sucks. Reduce the variance so people that can't be on for 3 days straight get a freakin chance at killing something

Server is so in favor of the people who never log off
This...

Four day spawn windows per mob is absolutely stupid.
Not classic.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:36 PM
Fire Giant

Why is there an extended variance if FTE shouts were implemented?
Closed Thread