Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do you expect anything less from a couple of retards? They're pushing patch notes for zergs and poopsockers and you seem surprised that dumb shit like this rears its head?

Expect it. Expect it and don't respect them, because other than keeping the server afloat they don't know what the hell they're doing anymore
You're under estimating them.. these people are not drooling retards. They are intelligent.

They know EXACTLY what they're doing.

That's the problem.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken
"If variance didn't exist, TMO would push mobs into off-hours"
I understand why Sirken believes this because he spends a lot of time on the Red Server and Nihilum can do that there. But there is no fucking way it would ever happen on Blue. We have probably 500+ raid-level players with tons of epic/sky/VP gear. "Casual" guilds like Divinity or Rapture still clear 1-8 in Sky despite the Bee Queen and Eye doing Avatar of War level damage.

Put this to the test sometime: pop a Trakanon and tell TMO (maybe even FE as well, since they have a ton of toons camped at the ledge) not to touch it. If you send a few tells to the other NINE guilds we have on this server I guarantee you he will be dead within two hours. It would be 1 hour except that 200 people will show up and crash the zone multiple times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken
Players need to dictate the raid scene
Again I can understand why Sirken has this position. Some servers were more competitive than others; why not let the players decided how P1999 should be? The problem with this is that we have an unprecedented overcrowding on the high-end. Everyone knows how to form groups and which classes are good and which aren't and where stuff drops and most people tend towards the hardcore side of things anyway, Tiggles to the contrary. Give that playerbase 2.5 years of Kunark, and suddenly the "casual trash" have L60 toons and the hardcore have 4+ max level toons with full vp/epic gear.

With such tremendous overcrowding, it's no wonder that the raid scene is such a shithole. Here's another suggestion: if you consider tokens too carebear, repop every raid boss 4x a week at known times. Make them spawn with 1 item always instead of 2-4 (so only a modest inflation in the actual number of items). This way the "casual trash" might actually get a shot at trying some of these encounters.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 07-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand why Sirken believes this because he spends a lot of time on the Red Server and Nihilum can do that there. But there is no fucking way it would ever happen on Blue. We have probably 500+ raid-level players with tons of epic/sky/VP gear. "Casual" guilds like Divinity or Rapture still clear 1-8 in Sky despite the Bee Queen and Eye doing Avatar of War level damage.

Put this to the test sometime: pop a Trakanon and tell TMO (maybe even FE as well, since they have a ton of toons camped at the ledge) not to touch it. If you send a few tells to the other NINE guilds we have on this server I guarantee you he will be dead within two hours. It would be 1 hour except that 200 people will show up and crash the zone multiple times.

Again I can understand why Sirken has this position. Some servers were more competitive than others; why not let the players decided how P1999 should be? The problem with this is that we have an unprecedented overcrowding on the high-end. Everyone knows how to form groups and which classes are good and which aren't and where stuff drops and most people tend towards the hardcore side of things anyway, Tiggles to the contrary. Give that playerbase 2.5 years of Kunark, and suddenly the "casual trash" have L60 toons and the hardcore have 4+ max level toons with full vp/epic gear.

With such tremendous overcrowding, it's no wonder that the raid scene is such a shithole. Here's another suggestion: if you consider tokens too carebear, repop every raid boss 4x a week at known times. Make them spawn with 1 item always instead of 2-4 (so only a modest inflation in the actual number of items). This way the "casual trash" might actually get a shot at trying some of these encounters.

I don't think any of the server staff, or the "hardcore" players give any shits whether or not the "casual trash" get any shots at trying some encounters.

In fact, they probably prefer you don't. That would mean they were slipping in some way. If casuals had the same chance at the pixels/mobs the hardcores did then what justification could they possibly have for investing as much time as they do when you did it so much easier?

They created this environment, and they need to maintain the status quo. If you want to see these encounters, they expect you to do exactly what they did to get there e.g. not be casual.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do you expect anything less from a couple of retards? They're pushing patch notes for zergs and poopsockers and you seem surprised that dumb shit like this rears its head?

Expect it. Expect it and don't respect them, because other than keeping the server afloat they don't know what the hell they're doing anymore
This is just silly. In my experience Nilbog, Rogean, and Sirken are all fairly intelligent, they just aren't doing what you want, for various reasons:

Rogean is busy with other things.

Nilbog wishes all the players would just grow up so he can get back to working on Velious and ultimately his classic-from-the-start-with-very-few-bugs server which will be released in 1-2 years or so I guess.

Sirken is a PVP/competitor type and likes the current situation.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 07-11-2013, 12:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiddlywinks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're under estimating them.. these people are not drooling retards. They are intelligent.

They know EXACTLY what they're doing.

That's the problem.
They have no fucking clue what they're doing anymore.

*Rogean adds another variance on top of one that never worked. This time poopsocking has stopped, but the both of them have admitted that it was to the detriment of everyone else... Thanks a lot, really.

*The response to people poopsocking on a spawn was to change the mechanics to every NPC in the game shortly after spawning. So they've addressed the 3-4 idiots using mouse and keyboard recorders - by not banning them or punishing their guilds, apparently, because that would be harsh and unclassic - but by changing every NPC in the game. Worth it.

*Now we've got an FTE rule that isn't going to work (and that never would have worked) as the only olive branch presented to the rest of us (the vast majority of the server), but the rest of the raid rules that were promised are nowhere to be seen.

*Both nilbog and rogean admit that the patch notes aren't to everyone's benefit, and in fact are to the detriment of most of P99 playerbase, but nilbog has the brass to claim he's got a classic server, or anything close to it, and that he prefers classic mechanics and rules. One can only assume that nilbog is suffering from dementia and a multiple personality disorder

At this point, the only thing you two are doing right is keeping the server afloat and adding the code *slightly* more in line with classic, all the while doing your damndest to screw the biggest portion of players on the server and implement a completely unclassic environment.

You're not even trying anymore.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is just silly. In my experience Nilbog, Rogean, and Sirken are all fairly intelligent, they just aren't doing what you want, for various reasons:

Rogean is busy with other things.

Nilbog wishes all the players would just grow up so he can get back to working on Velious and ultimately his classic-from-the-start-with-very-few-bugs server which will be released in 1-2 years or so I guess.

Sirken is a PVP/competitor type and likes the current situation.
Good post, and I essentially said the same.

The only thing I would add is, don't pretend to know their individual intentions. It may comfort you to think you know them, but when you step back and take a look at the big picture and what goes on I doubt they're all as pure as you made them out to be.

One man can never truly know anothers intentions.

EDIT: That sounds tin-foily as fuck, but it was not intended to be that way. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-11-2013, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Just keep clicking the Google ads [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-11-2013, 02:23 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
~42m30s: Sirken: "We've taken over 2 billion plat from Platlord."
Ephi, the Seventh Hammer. Good to hear P99 staff, thanks for the effort in that!

~51m: Sirken: "How we caught Platlord."
I don't know if I feel you said too much or if you did a good job at scaring would-be RMTers.
I think Sirken did a fine job of walking the line between scaring and saying too much.

RMT is big business for some people and we know that. Given our volunteer nature, there's only so much time we can dedicate to the task of taking down RMTers. It's a large part of my role now, given that I generally don't handle regular CSR type issues anymore (corpses, raid issues, etc.). But still, it generally requires a lot of time in the database, cross referencing information and getting things down to the source.

That said, we know who's doing it. We know who continues to do it, and we continue to ban accounts for those who do. The database has a wealth of information on who is doing what, and no one who RMTs is safe from the banhammer.

I'll admit that we generally go after the bigger fish (platlord, others) and don't spend a lot of time focusing on individual trades (Soandso RMT'd his account omgbanhim). But we look at all reports that come in, and hit them as time allows.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Rolling out Velious anything but the whole is a huge slap in the face to everyone that has been waiting and will only further compound the overcrowding of high end zones.

Holding back ToV, Plane of Growth and Plane of Mischief denies 4 of the 5 alternatives for class armor upgrades piling everyone into Kael for Thurgadin based armor.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

If plane of mischief will push back velious several months I can't see why launching without it is a bigger deal than the current stagnation we have