Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 10:09 PM
Aviak

I just want to clarify. The intent of my suggestion is not some kind of quality of life improvement. But to achieve a classic Everquest experience. While the difficulty of mobs, bind points, city faction, and merchants among many other things; certainly plays into people's choice on where they level. ZEMS seem to come first and foremost, in my experience here.

I personally don't think the ZEMS were static, but I cannot prove this. What I do know is having the stock data feels more like an exploit than a classic experience.

I am interested if anyone has any data, or where I can obtain data that might lend to the idea, or prove, that ZEMS were static.

We do know that the original developers and producers of the game did not like people streamlining through a few zones. They combated it, with likely much more success than here.
Last edited by psway; 09-14-2014 at 10:33 PM..
Old 09-14-2014, 10:17 PM
Planar Protector

If it were me I'd have kept the ZEMs a private thing, by now everyone knows whats good and where to be.

Also, I've made faster levels in Lake of Ill Omen (worst XP modifier in the game?) than I have in Mistmoore sat around waiting for repops <3
Old 09-15-2014, 02:30 AM
Kobold

Updated ZEMs is a great idea. Classic or not, would be nice to see folks gear up resists to do some of these harder zones if the reward were worth it. Thanks for the suggestion OP, though I doubt they will implement it.
Waxyn 25 Iksar Monk (Green)
Old 09-15-2014, 06:54 AM
Fire Giant

What's "not-classic" is the fact that none of these zones are utilized. The overcrowding on live led to a lot more venturing into these zones, merely because there wasn't exp available elsewhere.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:00 AM
Planar Protector

Many of these zones weren't used very much on Live, either. Dats classic.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:14 AM
Fire Giant

I recall CT being fully camped. There was almost always a group in Paw, as well. Runnyeye, Najena, etc. there were often groups available.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doil_Boil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recall CT being fully camped. There was almost always a group in Paw, as well. Runnyeye, Najena, etc. there were often groups available.
There is a huge flaw in making an argument like that though. Every server was different. Split Paw was well camped on Cazic Thule back in the day, but Runnyeye and Najena were pretty much ghost towns as far as I remember. I'm sure there were servers where it was the opposite. A lot of peoples classic experience was different based on the server you were on, and we only have two servers here to recreate it on. Something like this will never be truly classic because there are too many variables.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:25 AM
Aviak

This would be an amazing thing to implement. ZEMs are not accurate anyway so who cares, lets randomize!
Closed Thread