Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 08:52 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

So avoid typical xp areas that get you 11-20. (lol what.)

I'm sorry, it simply amused me that a twink would log in to kill a new barely geared player.

If players like Gnomed insist on p99 red having a small population and eventually become dead, especially by killing people on CR's for their first corpse, it only makes sense people avoid this server. Players like Gnomed simply foster and insure that the server will not grow.

Yeah, it's a PvP server. But it's a gear based game and level based game as well. Logging in with your twinked character with 2-5k pp worth of gear newbie smasher doesn't make you good, it makes you pathetic.

It takes a lot more for me to quit, ill probably be back on again tonight, and the next several nights. It really all depends on if I get corpse camped on CR's and/or get decimated by twinks.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:33 AM
VIP / Contributor

we talked a lil bit about R99 here (http://youtu.be/NSszkzNr_64) tonight. you should visit us live during stream and rattle off any questions or concerns u have about red [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 09-16-2014, 10:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's kinda funny: Red is becoming a better server by becoming more Blue. Forget this PvP stuff, let's all hold hands and get an XP bonus together (except for those losers in the "HOT" zones).

I'm not criticizing mind you, I genuinely think it's good for the server. Just funny that, in order to save Red, it had to lose some of it's Red-ness.
Think some people forget Rallos Zek (FFA pvp) was pretty "blue" in that it was essentially just a blue server where you could fight if you wanted to and had to watch out for occasional gankers but for the most part random "pk" was shunned. The teams servers had a lot more encouraged pvp. FFA pvp isn't really meant to be "Quake", just a more "realistic" world where you can attack the dude next to you if he pisses you off.

There's no way to progress in EQ (levels/gear) if you are in constant pvp battles.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

What's New On Red

- Nizzar (I heard he was a scumbag over here too) is now officially banned and his grp of RMT cancer are gone.

- Guild in charge is PROACTIVELY promoting server health by not griefing starting guilds, hosting open server raids Naggy - we're thinking Trak next.

- Guild leader who wants to sell things reasonably and spread the wealth around instead of hoarding it all for maximum RMT gains.

Start now pals, you'll run into a lot of scumbags levelling up, but that shit will put hair on your chest.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Plus we're brainstorming of ways of making blue guilds / independent minded people come over here and plant roots. (we don't want more members). I understand that sounds counter to how PVP should work but we need to get numbers and people hooked first before we can have meaningful pvp.

I am sure we would just give Trak's/Fay's/Tal's/Naggy's etc etc if a guild was decent and coming over to be part of the community. If you get strong enough you can try to step up for the PD's/VS's =).
Closed Thread