Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 06:02 AM
Banned

Default Back at it

Hi,

Returning player to classic, not played P99 before.

I know this probably should be in the starters section but wanted to get a wider audience of people with vast experience of P99. Essentially I want to establish which class I'll have most success with group/raid wise, and wanted to assess the rareity of specific classes, specifically:

- Ranger
- Druid
- Warrior
- Cleric
- Enchanter

I assume rangers and druids are awash, but those were my previous mains so thought I'd list them in there. Have experience on warrior, cleric and enchanter but not at main level - happy to mix it up, but wanted to know whether there is space for the likes in modern grouping / raiding.

Please let me know.

Many thanks,
Storm.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:31 PM
Kobold

Well as a Ranger I will tell you we don't get invited to anything.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:42 PM
Kobold

I like rangers in groups, but then again I roll with a Paladin as a tank so I guess I don't care much about the xp penalty. I rarely see any rangers in my level range to invite to groups, then again I'm playing mostly Euro time so that probably has something to do with it. I say give a ranger a try [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-16-2014, 01:17 PM
Sarnak

Good clerics will never be unwelcome. But play whatcha like, you'll have a better time.

Juevento - Druid <Free Agent>
Old 09-16-2014, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Cleric, war or chanter if you really want to group and raid.

GL getting groups post 50 on a druid...not saying it's impossible but...good luck.

Ranger, meh...lots of ranger hate and it's not all unjustified.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:51 PM
Banned

If you started with an enchanter you may find though it is not the class you love the most, you're able to get good money and gear for yourself or the toon you decide to swap to later on once you get a feel for p99

Cleric is always good to have as at the very least an alt, and welcome in nearly all situations. People will send you random tells for groups all over norrath.

If you do ranger or war as your first toon with no connections on p99 youll find yourself wishing you had gear that seems unobtainable and be all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

and lastly the druid, sure you can basically level on your own, wont get a lot of groups unless you ask and wait patiently next to a group, and will make a nice chunk of money porting people around norath... but I dont understand the attraction [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hope those thoughts help!
Closed Thread