Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 12:21 AM
Banned

Default Blacksmithing costs.

Hi,

Before I get flamed for not "using a search feature, or not knowing this like its general knowledge" ; let me just say I did use the search feature before posting.

I was looking for an average price range it cost to take blacksmithing (armor) to 200-220 range. I understand it costs about 500pp to get too 120 skill doing banded armor.

Does anyone know specifically the costs to go 120-220?

Thanks!
Old 03-08-2015, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

A few years ago I got my gnome wizard to around 160 or 170 blacksmithing, making fine plate armor (which, by the way, is quite hard to sell for a profit, since there are so many nice, cheap pieces available from mob drops which actually give stats other than AC). I sunk several thousand plat into that. Getting to 200-220 would probably cost at least double that amount.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 03-08-2015, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

What are you planning to do/sell to recoup those costs? If cultural armor was still viable I think it would be good to do... but right now there's not much at 200-220 that's really sellable, is there?
Old 03-08-2015, 07:44 PM
Banned

Swish, I've never done a tradeskill in EQ and figured cultural armor would be good since I can craft a decent set for my paladin which can be used on a cleric and bard along the lines.

Not specifically doing to make money just something to do and get rewarded for it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also require s brewing and tailoring trade skills [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-08-2015, 07:45 PM
Banned

@etsu thank you.

I figured 10k range.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:53 PM
Fire Giant

I took a level one ogre to 215ish two years ago. I believe it cost me around 8 - 9k

Drumas - 60 Cleric
Ashintar - 60 Wizard
Old 03-08-2015, 11:14 PM
Fire Giant

Unfortunately, smithing is garbage
Old 03-09-2015, 04:53 PM
Kobold

I'm not real sure what these people are doing to skill up but in my experience the cost to get to the 150-160 skill range (whenever the 1 and 2 sheet banded runs out) is around 150-250p. This assumes you follow a blacksmithing guide based on cost (I mostly followed this one Eqtraders old guide but skpped the sewing kits) and a decent int/wis or str (120+) and good faction/cha for the vendor you are working with. Now from 168+ (where banded trivials out) you are looking at higher cost but it depends on how much you are willing to do to source materials. Leather padding is a low skill combine for tailoring and just requires getting pelts and a skinning knife (if memory serves). Ore for fine plate can be farmed in a couple spots and if you are really into sourcing stuff some of the racial smithing has combines that go quite high and don't require the enchant metal spells.

Either way though if you are burning more than 500p getting to 168 you are probably not doing a very efficient set of combines to level up your smithing. Once you hit that lvl much of the cost is dependent on how much time you want to spend farming materials rather than buying them.

All that being said, I'm not sure I'd bother lvl'ing up smithing past the banded trivial at this point. As others have said the end level cultural combines are very cost prohibitive at the moment (at least 1 jacnith/blue diamond per piece some upto 3 I think). Once velious is out for a few months there is a patch that removes the gem component of the enchant spells making the armor actually worth making. Until then your cost in materials for a piece would almost certainly be better spent buying something else.
Last edited by cubiczar; 03-09-2015 at 04:57 PM..
Old 03-10-2015, 02:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubiczar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not real sure what these people are doing to skill up but in my experience the cost to get to the 150-160 skill range (whenever the 1 and 2 sheet banded runs out) is around 150-250p. This assumes you follow a blacksmithing guide based on cost (I mostly followed this one Eqtraders old guide but skpped the sewing kits) and a decent int/wis or str (120+) and good faction/cha for the vendor you are working with. Now from 168+ (where banded trivials out) you are looking at higher cost but it depends on how much you are willing to do to source materials. Leather padding is a low skill combine for tailoring and just requires getting pelts and a skinning knife (if memory serves). Ore for fine plate can be farmed in a couple spots and if you are really into sourcing stuff some of the racial smithing has combines that go quite high and don't require the enchant metal spells.

Either way though if you are burning more than 500p getting to 168 you are probably not doing a very efficient set of combines to level up your smithing. Once you hit that lvl much of the cost is dependent on how much time you want to spend farming materials rather than buying them.

All that being said, I'm not sure I'd bother lvl'ing up smithing past the banded trivial at this point. As others have said the end level cultural combines are very cost prohibitive at the moment (at least 1 jacnith/blue diamond per piece some upto 3 I think). Once velious is out for a few months there is a patch that removes the gem component of the enchant spells making the armor actually worth making. Until then your cost in materials for a piece would almost certainly be better spent buying something else.
thank you very informative =)
Old 03-10-2015, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubiczar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not real sure what these people are doing to skill up but in my experience the cost to get to the 150-160 skill range (whenever the 1 and 2 sheet banded runs out) is around 150-250p.
When I was skilling up my wizard's blacksmithing, Banded didn't take you up nearly as high. Then there was a patch that shifted the various trivials up. I also might be misremembering exactly how high I got his smithing; what I know is that I trivialed some, but not all, fine plate combines.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Closed Thread