Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 05:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's the other way around. Blue isn't a museum, it's a leftover result of eight years of beta testing and development. Even today it's not classic in many important ways, and it was far less classic for the vast majority of its life.

The whole idea of custom content as I understand it is "look, this server is already literally not classic, so why not make it even less literally classic ... but actually more classic (in the sense that live never went for years without any new content) by adding classic-themed custom content."

Green will be "the museum piece", accurately simulating classic EverQuest without "seven years of Kunark" and without custom content.
thank you for the information and for not melting down about it
Old 07-31-2018, 06:40 PM
Fire Giant

It is a very good thing there is not a voting scenario here. We'd end up with Live EQ.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:06 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My favorite custom content rumor is Nilbog'll never allow any indulgences like that, however slight, and P99 will remain a museum to Classic EQ, and nothing but that. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe there can be a Yellow server for people who want that kind of stuff!
imo blue won't be the museum due to how long we spent in Kunark and Velious, as green would be timeline accurate, I think that has a better chance. but again just my opinion.

and to clarify the OP, all those things I rattled off were just things that i had suggested or heard suggested by someone else. That doesn't mean nilbog or any other dev is in agreement with them or on board with them, just things that I thought sounded A+

<3

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 07-31-2018, 07:08 PM
Banned

blue wont be a musuem because of how many times you turned me from halfling into gnome

trauma radiates out from its source
Old 07-31-2018, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Lol at all the basement dwellers who dont even play this server naysaying custom content. We see you
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 07-31-2018, 09:35 PM
Planar Protector

I wouldn't care if they reset sleeper but I just gotta say those were some boring raids. It's way overhyped on these forums as being some amazing content that was taken out of the game when in reality it was just some easy loot with easy primals and monk robes.
Old 07-31-2018, 10:18 PM
Planar Protector

I think GM event style custom content would be cool, it could temporarily open up some zones such as veksar or Plane of the Underfoot (devs would reimagine those zones, not recreate from live). I'm thinking along the lines of karana plague with a bit of mystery and stuff. Event maybe lasts a week or two and maybe someone solves a quest, perhaps gets a title, concludes the event, zone closes, and we have norrath as we know it for the rest of the year.

Nothing permanent, and no kind of game changing loot, but enough for us to have that nostalgic thrill of the unknown.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:38 PM
Aviak

Just reset blue and start it all over again. I recently came back from playing back in 2009. The experience now vs. 9 years ago isn't the same.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:50 PM
Banned

compass coming in hot 2026
Old 08-01-2018, 12:17 AM
Planar Protector

"custom" shared bank please. Even a single slot would be great.
Closed Thread