Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 08:58 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Another p99 red story

I decided to roll a Wood Elf druid last night, got to level 8 in just a few hours thanks to a few factors.

Grouping exp bonus is massive, level 1-2 takes no time (4-5 kills). Level 2-4 took me maybe 40 minutes to 60 minutes only because I was a fresh player with no plat and no gear and I still get lost in Kelethin to this day and was running back and forth selling newbie creature parts (wasp wings, etc)

I grouped initially with a gnome wizard, after he had to leave I luckily ran into a human necromancer who had plenty of bone chips and we killed some orcs at orc hill till level 6~ish, we had a lot of wipes due to the fact faeries would patrol into him, patrol orc adds (oracles) and guards don't assist in killing the orcs (at orc lift) unless they were on me and the guards did kill him a few times at orc lift as well. but the fact he was a pet class and I could heal his pet and him was well worth the exp bonus from grouping.

I'd say a group of 3 people could get from level 1-12 in two hours given good group composition and just some starting plat for spells/bandages/food & water.

Later on, amazingly I was tapped by a Ogre SK last night who had a druid main that ported me to SRO to Group with his Ogre SK in Guk and I got level 6-8 in Guk then had to log because I had work in the morning.

I'd highly recommend p99 red if you enjoy a higher exp rate, ESPECIALLY if you are more casual like me (due to having a full time job and all that jazz, you know, adult stuff) Grouping is HIGHLY encouraged even though you can start killing other players at level 2 (4 level spread).

Name : Tracked
Level : 8
Class : Druid

As soon as im off work ill be back at it again tonight and hope i'm able to find some group members in Crushbone and get level 14-16 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-14-2014, 10:09 PM
Planar Protector

Groups are there, camps are available... and people do come and pass across stuff from their bank that's just rotting (you know, those CoM weps that nobody wants on blue etc).

Working on a mage at the moment with a few pals...some from the music channel, some we've met on red as we've leveled. We're in the late 20s/early 30s and I'm really enjoying it. If they can't be on, I just log to a cleric and try to work on him instead.

Porting the group around as required on my red wizard if we choose to move locations (with a druid who can port me afterwards).

You'll get all the haters saying "waste of time" and making up stories about how they got griefed at their bind point 52 times by level 60s at level 1 (which isn't possible, its +/- 4 levels with coin loot only, so don't carry any coin around)...but if like me you need a break from playing the LFG lottery, you'll be surprised how enjoyable red is.

Sure, you won't have full cultural armor, fancy weapons or robes... but you have the group XP rate which compensates for it.The golden rule is to buddy up with other people, get to know them, and all enjoy good times - you'll be great chums if you stick together.

Red players know that a higher population is healthy for the server's growth and will encourage more mass 50's PvP like has been seen in the past (in Dreadlands/BW/etc...check nilbog's YouTube).

I'm quite surprised red flagged BDA/Indignation players running around in the EC tunnel haven't moved across in their spare time and made it happen there... but maybe that's still to come [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Swish; 09-14-2014 at 10:15 PM.. Reason: PS - no advert gifs
Old 09-14-2014, 10:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm quite surprised red flagged BDA/Indignation players running around in the EC tunnel haven't moved across in their spare time and made it happen there... but maybe that's still to come [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A bunch of us have toons over there in the 40s on up.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:21 PM
Kobold

I think I may play red when I make my return to p1999. I was thinking it might be fun if guilds were randomly scrambled every month or two to keep any mobster style poopsocking at bay
Is this much of a problem here on red?

I remember my days of playing Tallon /Vallon on eqemu long before p1999 was open. It was popular , but felt stale as far as raiding went when only one guild raided anything.

Portsfour Pie Gnome Wizard
Fappjack Akalilfappy Gnome Warrior
Iksars Suck Human Monk

"Yup,... that just might be proof that we have failed as a species lol."
Old 09-15-2014, 12:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Groups are there, camps are available... and people do come and pass across stuff from their bank that's just rotting (you know, those CoM weps that nobody wants on blue etc).

Working on a mage at the moment with a few pals...some from the music channel, some we've met on red as we've leveled. We're in the late 20s/early 30s and I'm really enjoying it. If they can't be on, I just log to a cleric and try to work on him instead.

Porting the group around as required on my red wizard if we choose to move locations (with a druid who can port me afterwards).

You'll get all the haters saying "waste of time" and making up stories about how they got griefed at their bind point 52 times by level 60s at level 1 (which isn't possible, its +/- 4 levels with coin loot only, so don't carry any coin around)...but if like me you need a break from playing the LFG lottery, you'll be surprised how enjoyable red is.

Sure, you won't have full cultural armor, fancy weapons or robes... but you have the group XP rate which compensates for it.The golden rule is to buddy up with other people, get to know them, and all enjoy good times - you'll be great chums if you stick together.

Red players know that a higher population is healthy for the server's growth and will encourage more mass 50's PvP like has been seen in the past (in Dreadlands/BW/etc...check nilbog's YouTube).

red sounds awesome...except for the pvp.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:43 AM
Sarnak

I freakin Love red, especially over the last few weeks. I would say, best days of the server yet.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:14 AM
Planar Protector

Good post.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Breaking news from red:

6 of us all getting along and getting some good XP <3

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

People not in pvp range (over/under by more than 4 levels) are marked as blue/purple.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

My friends list is growing faster on red than it ever did on blue.

2 nights ago me and a new friend decided to duo some specters after finishing a group exp grind in Lguk.

when we got to zone, a druid and chanter were there camping them already.

we killed them and took over the camp. felt goog.

druid and chanter called LNS to get their corpses. Chanter had just dinged, and druid was a few kills from ding. We let them join up with us for a few kills to get the druid his level and they were on there way.

fun times on red.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:

Red players also know that their server is a fucking joke and because of that they're forced to lurk on the only actually populated server and offer to suck you off to play on red.
Closed Thread