Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 10:00 PM
Kobold

Default Wizard

Hi guys,
I've read a few of the solo guides around and they've done me well I believe. I am sitting on 52 but I think I've had enough at the TD Spirocs, a full set of provens is 2% of level, which is pretty great, but throw in a lightfoot or watcher and its pretty crappy XP.

My query is this, anyone got any good quad places? Somewhere a little off the map is fine with me, I've been travelling to and from TD since mid40s so a boat ride isnt out of the question.

Thanks in advance.

<Infernus> Oceanic Guild of Champions
Old 02-10-2015, 12:50 AM
Planar Protector

I dunno exactly what the level range for this is, but lava duct crawlers in Solusek B are a good quadding target. There's a nice open cavern area where you can quad them. I haven't done it myself but I've heard that it's a great camp.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 02-10-2015, 01:22 AM
Kobold

Hhmmm interesting. Never tried quadding inside a dungeon before

Old 02-10-2015, 01:34 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dunno exactly what the level range for this is, but lava duct crawlers in Solusek B are a good quadding target. There's a nice open cavern area where you can quad them. I haven't done it myself but I've heard that it's a great camp.
It only takes one stone spider to ruin your day (100% MR).
Old 02-10-2015, 09:32 AM
Fire Giant

Ravishing Drolvargs outside KC are your best bet probably. At 52 some of them will be light blue (get the Ravishings only) and you can get a couple levels out of them at this point

<The A-Team>
Old 02-10-2015, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Burning woods can work, just have to pay good attention when and where you pull and kite. I think some people have quadded dwarf guards too
Old 02-10-2015, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordoff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It only takes one stone spider to ruin your day (100% MR).
Just bring it to the Royals camp, evac to drop aggro, and congratulate them on their 300pp loot!
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 02-10-2015, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Raptors in TD - Annoying trip, okay EXP, no loot
GFay/Kelethin Guards - Easy access, good EXP, 10pp per from swords/fine steel, (requires many trips to vendor/bank or lots of WR bags) lose wood elf factions
Seafuries - Annoying trip but you can bind there, okay EXP, good cash loot, have to deal with complaining shamans that your quad is taking up 4 spawns but them root rotting 4 Seafuries is totally acceptable...
Burning Woods/Skyfire - Have to selectively choose mobs, ideally all the same type so similar HP, exp is meh, drops rarely spells but that's not worth it.

Personally I've done GFay guards and Seafuries. People will ALWAYS complain about quadders at Seafuries, comically so as I point out with the shamans who take the same number of mobs and take longer to kill them. GFay Guards are pretty easy to find open, you have to have levitate and if you want to loot you'll need to find lots of WR bags... But that's mostly for DE wizards only.

Raptors I recall being good but that zone is very annoying but worth a shot if you're still there from doing Spirocs.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:00 AM
Kobold

Some great stuff there. Raptors sound great but they outrun sow right?
I am happy killing dwarves, but I'll need to look to see if I need that faction for any epic or any type of quest... I really like the ones outside KC as I am bound there for group work.
Thanks for all the replies guys!

Old 02-11-2015, 08:05 AM
Kobold

I quadded a ton of raptors on live from lower 50's to 60. I *think* I had jboots at the time but perhaps not; regardless I didn't have an issue with their run speed. I would aggro them with a tflux staff and run them out into the water to gather them (with levitate on of course) and then run back onto the island to cast Atol's.

My main challenge early on was mana. I had no gear and if I got enough resists I could end up with issues being able to kill the last mob and there is literally nowhere to go if you're on those islands OOM with an aggroed raptor.
Closed Thread