Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 12:25 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Looking for a Suggestion: Leveling zone for an Evil Trio lvl 5-10

Hello, my brother and our friend have started an all Dark Elf band today. We're a Cleric, Enchanter and Necromancer trio currently ripping our way through Nektulos, and we're almost to level 6.

We're used to playing good characters, specifically in the Crushbone zone, where farming CB Belts/Shoulders yields great exp on turn in inside of Kaladim. Obviously, since we're KOS there, that is not an option for us.

I was wondering if there were any such great ways to farm quick exp on evil characters. If so, what zone would be good, and who/what would we need to farm?

Thank you for your time! (:
Old 03-08-2015, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

I'm not aware of any particularly good low-level evil EXP quests. You can still hunt in lowbie dungeons like Blackburrow or Befallen, though (Befallen you might be a tad low for at level 6, though). Even Crushbone - the only faction you ruin other than orcs is the Dark Elf warrior faction, and unlike most cities, the warriors aren't the guards or anything; they're consigned to their own little corner of Neriak where you don't have to interact with them as a Dark Elf. Actually, if you do enough hunting in Crushbone, you can become friendly enough in Kaladim to do Crushbone belt turn-ins; although, this is probably more trouble than it's worth, and would hurt you with... ogre warriors, I wanna say?

Anyway - my advice would be to hit up a lowbie dungeon and forget about the EXP quests, or just hang out in some outdoor zone like North Ro. I think the Dervish Cutthroat quest is neutral and might be worth a hand-in.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 03-09-2015, 01:43 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks for the reply Estu,

We took today rather slowly, but we've all managed to hit 8 today. We've made our way to Befallen, and are having an easy time there, even though it's heavily camped most of the time.

Once we all hit 9 or 10, we'll try hitting up North Ro and farming those Dervish Cutthroats! Thanks for the advise!
Old 03-09-2015, 02:35 AM
Skeleton

What might your playtimes be?
Old 03-10-2015, 12:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeSilentT [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

We took today rather slowly, but we've all managed to hit 8 today. We've made our way to Befallen, and are having an easy time there, even though it's heavily camped most of the time.

Once we all hit 9 or 10, we'll try hitting up North Ro and farming those Dervish Cutthroats! Thanks for the advise!
Befallen heavily camped? Man, times have changed. You might have better luck in the deeper sections of the dungeon once you can handle them, in terms of finding uncontested stuff to kill. If you do head in there, though, be careful: corpse runs in Befallen can get tricky due to the locked doors.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 03-10-2015, 12:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Wow. Having to run that far? Back in the old days, there were several things for L6 to 12:

* Halflings in Nek forest - turn in skull caps in neriak
* Undead monuments in Nek forest
* EC: Orc camps were a load of fun. All those DF belts earned some good coin too. Players would turn them in for faction in Freeport. The werewolves, hostile guards and griffon added extra dangers. Many a train and group wipe came from orc camps.
* EC: you mentioned befallen. There are also all the undead just outside
* Lavastorm: all kinds of good killing but have to be on your toes. Sir Lindeal is also there (DE quest in SK guild hall). IIRC, he's a bit higher (L20?)

After you level out of the orc camps in EC, Highpass Hold was good fun, especially doing those runs through Kithicor at night. The Karanas are also close by so you could run to Blackburrow (again train central).
Old 03-10-2015, 02:46 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Got a few awesome groups and wound up dinging 12 last night.

I hit 10 in Befallen before I went on to North Ro, had great luck there but then a Twink SK joined our group and we started raiding Orc Highway. Things were going so great that, long story short, I wound up being boing in the Field of Bone (outside of Kaesora) and now I'm planning on destroying Kurn's Tower on my Cleric until I hit 14.

If I can get a port back to Nektulos/WC @lvl 14-15, I plan on getting my new spells and heading straight back; that place is great for this level.
Old 03-11-2015, 03:17 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeSilentT [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Level 11 Ogre Sham here, can confirm the viability of the Cutthroat rings. I turned in 3+ bags of Rings and got more than 2 yellows of exp at level 11. Not earth shattering, but a nice boost after camping Derv 3 for a few hours.