Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 04-12-2022, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

It has imput queueing. Big fucking nope.
Old 04-13-2022, 08:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Game is excellent. I did a fairly thorough first playthrough clearing all major optional bosses and doing the majority of quests. I did miss a bunch in the capital city by progressing through Faram Azula before I had finished exploring. Spent like 160 hours on the game, so taking a break before diving into NG+ to do the things I missed on my first run.

What builds did you all go with? I went heavy armor and power stanced colossal weapons. I avoided ranged/spellcasting so i could "git gud" at dodge rolling and timing boss attacks. May do a midrange hybrid melee/incantation build for second run.
I played totally blind and also hadn't dug into from software games in the past so my decision making on where to allocate stat points and how to build my character was just kind of guesswork based on D&D formulas and EverQuest etc.

With that said I went incantation and strength, I decided to slam my face against the wall and kill the tree sentinel at a super early level. The weapon it dropped, the Golden halberd, required 30 strength so I specd hard into that. My build really struggled mid-game, so I started going hard into vigor to increase my hit points. Later on I organically found the katana that spits blood, I think it's called rivers of blood. I ended up using that and incantations that buffed my hit points and so on. That's what I finished the game with
Old 04-15-2022, 09:46 PM
Banned

I heard caster builds are actually kinda OP in this game, unlike prev souls games. They were decent in DS3 at the very endgame (esp pyromancer), but with a trade off of terrible early game, and for only decent endgame it was only for those that wanted to mix things up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C59952F0-2AEB-47D4-B87E-3E7D6B9AA0D1.jpg (23.2 KB, 0 views)