Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2020, 10:00 AM
Sarnak

Default Ranger epic MQ questions

Hi everyone. Ive been thinking about taking my level 50 ranger out of retirement. I have been looking over the epic quest and I am curious how much is “purchase-able”. It doesn’t appear I can MQ final turn in for either sword, is it possible to skip all the raid content portions though? (Also if so how much?)

Thanks!
Old 06-07-2020, 11:19 AM
Sarnak

Major peices are sky orb, VS stone and big sticker item is shattered emerald. If you get all those MQ'd you don't have to raid. You'll have to dive into the hole and get your hammer tho. To my knowledge you have to do the leg work to some extent, it's not like the rogue mq.
Sphere of color- Maybe 5k tops. The things rot all the time in sky.
VS stone - 20k I believe.
Shattered emerald - I think around 100k? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 06-07-2020, 06:45 PM
Planar Protector

Yea in theory you could buy it all minus the hole fight (I think) but a little foraging never hurt anyone and that fight in EK is a joke.

Without the means to raid getting a Swirling Sphere is easy. If in a large guild I’d expect a few sitting in random banks; 5k seems an aggressive price. Same for the Jade Reaver. The Pulsing Green is like 20k but even casual guilds take down VSR a lot since he’s on a 24/hr respawn. A bit of patience is needed to save the plat.

I tried to pay a bit over 100k for a shattered stone from an acquaintance. His kill squad was looking for closer to 200k. Unless you are a constant raider I’d prob just get a Zek blade and call it a day (I did).
Old 07-16-2020, 08:59 AM
Sarnak

Well, based off everyone's responses I finally sacked up and started my ranger epic. Lots of running around holy hell - But I am at a point where I need to do the MQs and the fight in the hole. Pretty happy that it seems obtainable. Not being a raider and just playing with a handful of RL friends, I am limited on the content I can do. Not so much an MQ question anymore, but the fight in the hole, furthest I've gone in is the castle entrance, and I wasn't even the puller so I'm not sure much beyond that. I've used the EQscout tool to walk through the zone, but that gives no idea on mobs or patrollers etc.
So my questions is this:
How hard is it to get to the mob in the hole? and now that the hole is crowded AF does that hurt my chances of getting in there to get the kill I need or help? Seems like a pretty far run and I know it isn't possible to invis my way there, so I assume my group needs to crawl through and hope that other groups have cleared most of it out? Any and all advise for this step would be greatly appreciated, thanks all.
Old 07-16-2020, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Congrats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Yea the running around and foraging is a PITA.

So most of not all quest mobs can be tracked from zone in with a ranger. I did this for my epic pally and ranger items. You can also pet track but in this case it’s not necessary.

The Hole player population makes fighting there much easier. It also increases the likelihood someone will know the way. Before the general zone knowledge was a rarity (at least I didn’t know the path).

The two easiest ways is fighting/running down to the docks and then swimming to jump that half step down to Yael’s pit of he isn’t up. Landing in the water is easier as is living.

You can bypass all of that even faster by pit jumping from the top of paineel. Back in the day people would cheese this by cranking up refresh rates in the options tab. They fixed this so monks surviving is a coin toss. Luckily pallies, clerics and can self DA and rez others. Bards at 60 can DA song. Shiny Brass Idols are pretty cheap. Not a bad way (if Yael is not up) to speed run it in about 20 mins.

Once you land to a Yael-less pit either way it’s prob a dozen mobs to get there. Cut left from the water landing to a rock wall. Take that corridor until it T’s and go right (left is to the graveyard with the Keeper of Souls for the pally epic).

Jaeil is a weak fight. Can be duoed by a high 50 cleric and enchanter so a solid group with a basic understanding can spank him. These days just the trip there is decent exp. I’d say getting a team isn’t hard.
Old 07-16-2020, 11:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Congrats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Yea the running around and foraging is a PITA.

So most of not all quest mobs can be tracked from zone in with a ranger. I did this for my epic pally and ranger items. You can also pet track but in this case it’s not necessary.

The Hole player population makes fighting there much easier. It also increases the likelihood someone will know the way. Before the general zone knowledge was a rarity (at least I didn’t know the path).

The two easiest ways is fighting/running down to the docks and then swimming to jump that half step down to Yael’s pit of he isn’t up. Landing in the water is easier as is living.

You can bypass all of that even faster by pit jumping from the top of paineel. Back in the day people would cheese this by cranking up refresh rates in the options tab. They fixed this so monks surviving is a coin toss. Luckily pallies, clerics and can self DA and rez others. Bards at 60 can DA song. Shiny Brass Idols are pretty cheap. Not a bad way (if Yael is not up) to speed run it in about 20 mins.

Once you land to a Yael-less pit either way it’s prob a dozen mobs to get there. Cut left from the water landing to a rock wall. Take that corridor until it T’s and go right (left is to the graveyard with the Keeper of Souls for the pally epic).

Jaeil is a weak fight. Can be duoed by a high 50 cleric and enchanter so a solid group with a basic understanding can spank him. These days just the trip there is decent exp. I’d say getting a team isn’t hard.
Thanks so much for the reply snaggles, your info has been great so far :-) My ranger is actually in a static group with 4 RL friends. our group is all level 55. SK, Ranger(me), Monk, Cleric, Chanter. So I am hoping we can crawl there. I assume the mob is usually up since it is only for the ranger epic and kinda out of the way? Sounds like the fight won't be much of an issue for my group, I am mostly concerned about getting there. As cool as it would be to jump down the hole from paineel, I'm thinking we crawl it. I made a path using eqscout that didn't take me through the water at the docks, I just ran through the town and went west until I got to the cave.
Old 07-16-2020, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks so much for the reply snaggles, your info has been great so far :-) My ranger is actually in a static group with 4 RL friends. our group is all level 55. SK, Ranger(me), Monk, Cleric, Chanter. So I am hoping we can crawl there. I assume the mob is usually up since it is only for the ranger epic and kinda out of the way? Sounds like the fight won't be much of an issue for my group, I am mostly concerned about getting there. As cool as it would be to jump down the hole from paineel, I'm thinking we crawl it. I made a path using eqscout that didn't take me through the water at the docks, I just ran through the town and went west until I got to the cave.
No prob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yea I’m sure there are other ways. Both of mine just involve going from Yael’s pit to him.
I can’t recall if he’s slow able but my 58 sham is close by. Also glad to bring our my scrubby pally or ranger if schedules line up. Pm me your play time and it might work out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 07-21-2020, 11:22 AM
Sarnak

Crawl to the docks. Pull mobs back to docks till you get a path to the gate going down the tunnel. Crawling through the city can be a problem due to elementals healing through walls in buildings. With a backstab chanter pet and your static group this is totally doable.
Old 07-22-2020, 08:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lartanin63 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Crawl to the docks. Pull mobs back to docks till you get a path to the gate going down the tunnel. Crawling through the city can be a problem due to elementals healing through walls in buildings. With a backstab chanter pet and your static group this is totally doable.
Thanks for the info!

Don't suppose anyone has a green stone they want to MQ? Or the color sphere (not at this step yet)
Old 07-22-2020, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

Check if there is a group at docks with cleric. You can jump in from paineel and get /corpse to the docks via the waterfall.

The VSR stone drops twice per kill. Cut a deal with a guild that you’ll track for vsr in exchange for one if the stones.
Closed Thread