Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 02:05 PM
Skeleton

Default Camp Rules (Multiple of Same Item)

I have not found if there is a rule that if you receive an item you are camping you must move on.

Specifically Shralok Pack. If other people want it and you are camping for multiple bags slots, Do i have to yield to the next person after I get one?

Thanks!
Old 03-22-2021, 06:47 PM
Senior Server Guide

Something else important to note about handing off camps - in particular, popular ones, but this applies to any camp that becomes contested. If you are solo camping, once you attain the item you were waiting for (an AC ring, for example) you are done camping that mob. The person coming to take the camp had better be prepared at this point in order to come eliminate the very next placeholder spawn in order to "stake his claim" on the mob. You cannot work wacky corpse lines on lore items in order to grab multiple items in the same "camp session" if there are others waiting to take the camp. Please be aware that we reserve the right to apply this same ruling to any camp if we deem it necessary, including camps with multiple players.
Old 03-22-2021, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do i have to yield to the next person after I get one?
Our illustrious guide Stigion gave a great answer, but since he didn't come out and say it explicitly, I just wanted to add that the explicit answer to your question is: yes* (*if staff decides they want to apply it when they show up to a petition; none of this matters before that).

However, the good news on a camp like the Shralok Pack one is that it spawns new packs fairly quickly, and the rules work both ways. If you get a pack and someone takes your camp, you shouldn't have to wait that long before you can take it back ...

... IF you can prove they got one. And that's the real rub here: on something like the AC, where the drop is Lore, people can't lie about whether they got the item (they can corpse it, but if you see them kill themselves you know they got the item).

With non-Lore items people are on the honor system to admit when they get a pack, and that could be ... problematic.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 03-22-2021 at 07:07 PM..
Old 03-22-2021, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Something else important to note about handing off camps - in particular, popular ones, but this applies to any camp that becomes contested. If you are solo camping, once you attain the item you were waiting for (an AC ring, for example) you are done camping that mob. The person coming to take the camp had better be prepared at this point in order to come eliminate the very next placeholder spawn in order to "stake his claim" on the mob. You cannot work wacky corpse lines on lore items in order to grab multiple items in the same "camp session" if there are others waiting to take the camp. Please be aware that we reserve the right to apply this same ruling to any camp if we deem it necessary, including camps with multiple players.
uhh, this is new.

I'd like to hear a senior guides response to the question & if needed an update to the Play Nice Policy (Last edited by Menden; 05-23-2019)
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=325349
-----
Was this a new addition after the non-classic changes to recharge cost. Because certain top raid guilds were perma-camping items like wooly nets?
Which didnt address the problem and made an unclassic change but that's not what this post is about.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 03-22-2021 at 06:58 PM..
Old 03-22-2021, 06:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have not found if there is a rule that if you receive an item you are camping you must move on.
P.S. I wanted to clarify that you're not wrong: that rule can't be found in the "official rules", ie. the Play Nice Policies.

However, they are in the "secret server rules" that only the staff knows about. I've long felt having secret rules is bad for the server, so I took the time to compile these rules on this page: https://wiki.project1999.com/Camp_Rulings

It is not official or endorsed by the staff in any way, but it's entirely based on staff quotes in the forum. I recommend anyone who wants to know the full rules at least skim it.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-22-2021, 07:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
uhh, this is new.
Not really; it's been a part of the "secret rules" since at least as far back as 2018 when Menden said this:

Quote:
you must follow the "kill in a reasonable amount of time" guideline. And give up the camp to the next person on the list. This same thing goes with AC camp or any lore items.
The only "new" part is applying it to non-Lore items ... and as I mentioned extending it to them seems problematic to me, since there's no way to prove anyone got the item and needs to move on.

Old 03-22-2021, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

based on Stigion's wording, someone could get a partner and trade the camp back and forth between themselves. Circumventing what is proposed in their post.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-22-2021, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

Oooh, just found this; it looks like the "secret rule" goes back at least as far as 2014:

Quote:
If you are solo camping, once you attain the item you were waiting for (an AC ring, for example) you are done camping that mob.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...19#post1652719

Old 03-22-2021, 07:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
based on Stigion's wording, someone could get a partner and trade the camp back and forth between themselves. Circumventing what is proposed in their post.
Much of the camp system can be "gamed" by two people. As long as the core rule is "the list holder makes the rules", this will always be the case.

I get the sense staff considers two friends trading a camp to be a feature, not a bug.

Old 03-22-2021, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

The rule of thumb for corpsing I always followed was if you die you zone, if you zone you lose the camp, dont know if rules changed but just wanted to say that heh

easily gameable though. But generally worked for non industrial folks (99% of the time) so yeah I'm a that's a feature of a massive multiplayer games camp.

I remember the addition of the get the item, time to pass the camp over rule, but i dont know it handled items that are not lore and iirc there are more than a few threads about that.
Last edited by Jibartik; 03-22-2021 at 07:18 PM..
Closed Thread