Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 02:31 PM
Aviak

Default mage/ clr or nec or ench?

i know im sorry for posting this, there's a hundred threads out there that are similar(have read them all) but im having one hell of time deciding what to pair up with my gf's mage, we originally had a shm/sk goin but the penalty was killing us. we are looking for something that can kill indoor and out and i was thinking something easy for her to play that's why im thinking mage. i know clr/mage is a good combo but i just cant see myself enjoying a cleric a ton, although i am considering it. so i was hoping to get some opinions toward what would go best with her mage. sorry again for posting yet another duo thread and thanks in advance.

so far am leaning more towards an ench
Old 06-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Part of it depends on what you do in the long run, if you plan to only duo and do small-group stuff, etc. But I was in the same boat as you with the duo thing, it can be a hard choice. Now we're just waiting to get our IP exemption so we can start grinding^^. Anyway, I think that Cleric tends to be fairly monotonous at higher levels, even if it's a crucial job. For me, Enchanter and Necro are really different kinds of classes, but both will be great in duo with a Mage, and both, in that duo, will have great survivability... this in some ways makes your choice easier. Knowing that your mage friend will be fine either way, you can just focus on answering your own questions... what kind of play do you like, in terms of these 2 classes? Do you enjoy playing a support/crowd control role, a damage-dealing/survival role, etc.? (And even those are only the most common roles Enchanter/Necro plays, you can do a lot more with either.) Which aesthetic do you prefer, since, again, they're so different?

To contradict myself a bit, although I think both would be great in a duo with a mage, one thing to consider is that when you guys want to do full groups, being an Enchanter will make it really easy for you to find one, and bring her along.
Last edited by vznos; 06-25-2011 at 02:44 PM..
Old 06-25-2011, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Think outside the box... what about a 2nd mage? 2 mages go well together [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Orc

mage and necro comb owns everything and anything you come across if you know what your doing
Old 06-25-2011, 04:37 PM
Kobold

Ench/Mage. Unstoppable, insane xp and farming capabilities.

As they ground to make XP holy . . . let us twink to make it free; our EQ marches on!
Old 06-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Fire Giant

necromancers are really fun. mage/necro is a good combo.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Kobold

I play a mage and have so on Live, my favorite pairing was with enchanter or shaman.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:51 PM
Aviak

thanks for the responses, this has just peaked my interest and excitement more, still undecided but your replies have definitely helped narrow it down for me.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:47 PM
Fire Giant

Playing an ench i love to duo with mages. Ench can pull w/calm and clarity will speed things up a lot in the long run. Your animation adds nice dps or you can go with a charmed pet later for max exp gain, the mage is good to have to malo your charmed pet on the breaks. Also being able to cc never hurts. If not ench id go for necro.
Closed Thread