Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2019, 08:28 PM
Aviak

Default I am feeling blue

So I am what you might call a casual. I love EQ, played from Beta to SOV on launch so P99 is right up my alley. It has taken me about 4 years to get my shaman to level 40. Kids and work keep me busy but I play when I can. I haven't kept up with the new server, what is the buzz? Am I wasting time to keep chugging along on Blue or should I start fresh?

I realize this is more a personal decision than a crowd sourced one, mostly looking for input on how the level 40ish community is right now and where a good spot would be to find duo/trio/groups or if it is dead maybe I poke around on a new hero.
Old 12-16-2019, 08:36 PM
Sarnak

Shaman is fairly soloable. I'd highly recommend joining a guild if you can find a casual one. Duos and trios are possible at any level still but expect to solo at least some times.
Old 12-17-2019, 12:40 AM
Kobold

City of Mist is still reasonably active for finding groups at that level. Then 50+ KC is still very active.
Old 12-17-2019, 06:33 AM
Skeleton

If it took you 4 years to reach level 40 why on earth would you want to start over? By the time you reach 40 again the servers will have merged,

Blue ain't dead. I am also a filthy casual such as yourself and i think Blue is just as appealing as ever. Uncontested camps is a massive bonus if you don't have endless time to wait around like some...
Old 12-17-2019, 10:39 AM
Aviak

Alright cool, I will try CoM.

The reason I only made it to 40 is I am very much an enjoy the journey player. I am basically reliving when I was 17 and exploring for the first time rather than grind out levels. This includes soloing in places I couldn't find groups like Runnyeye, Paw, and Cazic which honestly ended in a net loss for exp.

My goal is to go back to the planes, PoF was sort of a pinnacle for me back in Vanilla and I want to get back. I just wanted to make sure it was still a thing since 40-46 takes almost as long as just getting 40.
Old 12-19-2019, 04:05 AM
Fire Giant

i want to build a giant salad fork out of your name and use it to fight an insidious lord trapped in a bubble
Old 12-19-2019, 02:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yttrium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alright cool, I will try CoM.

The reason I only made it to 40 is I am very much an enjoy the journey player. I am basically reliving when I was 17 and exploring for the first time rather than grind out levels. This includes soloing in places I couldn't find groups like Runnyeye, Paw, and Cazic which honestly ended in a net loss for exp.

My goal is to go back to the planes, PoF was sort of a pinnacle for me back in Vanilla and I want to get back. I just wanted to make sure it was still a thing since 40-46 takes almost as long as just getting 40.
40-46 really ain’t a thing. Get a good partner and duo some Yetis in the Dreadlands. You’ll get those levels in 2-3 days easy
Closed Thread