Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 03:49 AM
Kobold

haha that is true, finawin is an easymode mage... he's useless to all other guilds though
Old 02-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha Doery, you stopped playing because you can't handle how hard EQ is!

As for you The Situation, I don't know who you are exactly, and I will give you the benefit of the doubt. But why do noobs not deserve a guild? Some of them are really good gamers, maybe even better than you or me, who knows. And I was thinking, what is the difference from a lvl 10 with no gear to a lvl 50 who has raid gear? Probably about 2 months play time and a decent guild. And we enjoy helping each other out, even if they are "noobs" to you. Some are good people and are good players and deserve to be treated so.

The weak players weed themselves out in time, it's just a fact. Plus if you think we "had" a great group who knows how to play the game, that is the CORE of our guild, so we still have that. Doesn't mean we can't help out the lower levels sometimes.
I wasn't hating on all the newbs in your guild. It's a young server. It just appears to me that you guys invite everyone you see, to the detriment of your guild, rather than inviting those (of any level) for any actual reason (they're funnny/good player/pity/good gear/RL friend/etc). It's a legit question to ask of the guild that seems to want to simply be the biggest guild on the server, yet claims to want to be the best.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Kobold

Well to answer your legit question, we don't invite anyone we see. Trust me, if we did that we would be much bigger. For the first month or so it was only people I had talked to personally or I liked their name or some of us had grouped with. If you walk into EC and don't see everyone in it in GC, then we don't invite everyone. Once we grew a bit and had a few more officers to recruit, they did. A lot of our noobs are friends of guildies or alts mostly.

Just because we are the biggest guild on the server doesn't mean we had any intention of being, perhaps people actually like us? Did you ever think of that? Maybe the leader being a druid who can port and invite anyone at almost any time helps with recruiting?

But we are mainly a group of gamers that are trying to have fun and enjoy a great game we love. Join us if you want, if not it's all good.
Last edited by Pikle; 02-04-2010 at 02:38 AM..
Old 02-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Skeleton

I wasn't going to respond to the comments in this thread, but I think I'll chime in.

There are a good deal of people that are annoyed with the size of Gothic Circle. They think its unfair and think its not right. Well there is a reason for Gothic Circle's size.

1. Gothic Circle is a 13 year old guild. We play FPS games as well as MMO's. All together, there have been over 2000 members in Gothic Circle. We're a pretty big guild with a ton of history.

2. Most importantly Gothic Circle is NOT full of HARDCORE RAIDERS. We don't require everyone to raid if they do not want to. We are a CASUAL guild. We will be doing raids, sure. But most guilds out there that raid, require people to go or require a certain amount of participation. We don't. To put it into a better perspective, Lets pretend Hardcore Raid Guild A has 20 lvl 50 members logged on. More than likely, all 20 of those members will be participating in a raid. Our guild is different. If we have 20 lvl 50's on, only about 10 of them will be willing to raid. We need 40 lvl 50's on to insure we have at least 20. The other 20 are off doing whatever they feel like doing and that is FINE with us.

We are a guild of choices and freedom. We always have been. We are still here and healthy as ever. If you don't like the way we run it, that's just tough. We were a leading guild on EQ Live. We played together in the Beta of Everquest. We have been the #1 EQ Emulator guild on THREE different servers. We were the #1 Clan in Kingpin(where we originated). We were a force in CounterStrike: 1.6 and Source. We were the #1 Clan in WarRock. We are the #1 Clan in Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2.

We're not going anywhere.
Last edited by Tygerwoody; 02-05-2010 at 02:14 PM..
Old 02-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Kobold

Haha, I don't think the size of your guild is unfair or not right. It's not jealousy like you're implying.

It was a question and my perceptions from having grouped with several of your members. My initial thoughts were that you guys are good guys and a good guild. I've simply noticed that every newbie zone recently has a large percentage of GC running around in it and, after having grouped with several of them, noticed that there's been a lack of any 'quality control' among your members.

You seem to be defining being the best guild as being the biggest. That's fine with me. I'll judge your members individually and not as a guild.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Aviak

I have faith that the "bad apples" will be weeded out over time, the few that actualy stay playing...
Old 02-05-2010, 04:22 PM
Kobold

Honestly, we were the #1 guild/clan on a lot of those servers/games, and it wasn't because we were the biggest, it was because we had the most talented players. I'm not one of those players, but I'm really good at dealing with people. Read what he's typing if you want a real explanation, Tygerwoody said it the way it is, like he usually does.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:28 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default In response...

Here lately, when I see a new player with the
<Gothic Circle> tag, I generally figure its a new alt that a guildee has made. My RL sister is in GC with me as well and we would leave if it was a guild full of bobbleheads and noob troublemakers. I have 13 yrs of mmorpg gaming history, and about 4 years of guild leadership under my belt, and I think GC's leadership is doing damn well considering our size. It all boils down to making sure the bad seeds get reported to guild leadership.

Thx for listening, and hi Pickler!
Old 02-20-2010, 02:04 AM
Orc

I have grouped with several of their players and was quite impressed with them. Even had a wizzie send me a tell to come to EFP gate for a gift. I am new to the server and when i came to him he gave me a nice pair of gloves. He asked me a few questions and then gave me a great shaman only belt.

His parting words to me were "if you are thinking about joining a guild, please consider GC".

The fact that he gave me something he could have sold for 1k was amazing. When and if i do join a guild, GC will be one of the first ones i consider.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:04 AM
Kobold

Wow thank you guys for the kind remarks. And I'm glad all the people who saw this thread and wanted to join. I also want to thank our members for making it a great guild, everyone is nice and helpful. Sure we have a few people who may be mean in a given situation, but I think on a whole we are very fun and fair group of players. I salute Gothic Circle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] If you have any disputes with Gothic Circle, send Pikler a tell in game, hopefully we can figure out the problem.

(hey Myst!)
Closed Thread