Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2021, 10:38 AM
Banned

well i posted it here cuz i'm a paranoid schizo but liek, i really do appreciate your intelligent thought!

sorry it's in rnf!

it wasnt a complaint

I was just being randomly angry at the universe for breaking things I love and worry about
Old 05-20-2021, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrkTheSlayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You got an intro to php vid bookmarked you could share loramin? There’s a bunch of quests I want to add to the Druid and wizard quests pages.
I don't. However, you don't need to know PHP to edit the wiki! All you need to know is this: https://wiki.project1999.com/Editing

The first link on the page explains the basics of wiki-editing, and the rest of the page explains some of the P99-specific parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barm McLir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I went to edit the page and have to take back that part about manually added NPC's to a table... Does not work like that at all.

I wish this forum was more forgiving about edits.
This is the fun of trying to "grok" someone else's code ... in public [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-20-2021, 02:16 PM
Kobold

Dang I thought I found it, The Goblin Sage's loot list was missing almost all the closing list item tags: </li>

No joy.
Old 05-20-2021, 02:16 PM
Banned

half the wiki is false information anyways
Old 05-20-2021, 02:30 PM
Banned

Shamans can't even port

The people who made this game were cavemen that knew nothing of good mmo design

(2 loud honks)
Old 05-20-2021, 02:31 PM
Banned

It is crazy that Shamans couldn't teleport because that's what the class is based around, literally:

Quote:
Walk the Ages
Mark your current location in time. When you activate Walk the Ages again, you will become Timeless, instantly returning to the location you had previously marked.
Old 05-20-2021, 02:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't. However, you don't need to know PHP to edit the wiki! All you need to know is this: https://wiki.project1999.com/Editing

The first link on the page explains the basics of wiki-editing, and the rest of the page explains some of the P99-specific parts.
Thanks G!

Stoked to see nirgon and joe finding some common interests, I hope this romance brings a beautiful relationship to fruition. Please don’t forget to invite me to your wedding.
Old 05-20-2021, 06:37 PM
Kobold

BlackBellamy idea to roll back edits was solid but Loramin is right about the updates taking a while to show on the DynamicZoneGuide. I found two quotes from Ravhin;

>> it is cached (up to a week), so it will eventually appear. Thanks! --Ravhin (talk) 16:24, 26 August 2014 (UTC)]

>> These lists do not update immediately, so if you add a category to a page it may take a day or two before it appears in the dynamic zone list.

The second is years later so probably more accurate. I cleaned up a couple of glitches in some NPC and item templates so let's see what happens in a day or two.
Old 05-28-2021, 06:13 PM
Banned

this is fixed
Old 05-28-2021, 07:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgasari [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is fixed
Woot awesome.
Closed Thread