Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 12:55 AM
Skeleton

Question Somebody fuckin help meh

Wrong forum but tech forum is pretty much dead right now apparently. Downloaded and installed titanium on my Mac and wine wrapper from a guide here on p99 forums. After I've done all the steps and have the patches correct, how dafuq do I actually run EQ? Eqgame.exe file won't open cause it's incompatible with OSX.

I'm not knowledgeable about this shit especially macs so help me out please!

Thanks in advance
Old 12-11-2013, 01:25 AM
Aviak

So, I can't comment about Wine because I tried using that and it went bad real quick...

My recommended alternative is what I did... I created a "Windows" hard drive using Parallels.

I run EQ on my Mac, and use Parallels v7.0 to create a 32 gig windows partition on my hard drive, then install EQ there natively just like you would on any windows box (EQ is pretty small after all at about 5Gig).

You can then run Parallels in coherence mode, and double click the EQ.exe to launch it in your windows environment. In coherence mode, the "windows" environment only shows you the active application windows running on the windows partition, but not the desktop background of windows etc.. so it looks "almost" native to being on your Mac.

This also gives you the option to install other things to a windows environment that you find useful as well, but do not have a native OS X client.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:25 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarinak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wrong forum but tech forum is pretty much dead right now apparently. Downloaded and installed titanium on my Mac and wine wrapper from a guide here on p99 forums. After I've done all the steps and have the patches correct, how dafuq do I actually run EQ?

Eqgame.exe or EverQuest.exe? Eqgame.exe file won't open cause it's incompatible with OSX, and the connection can't be found when I try to open EverQuest.exe even though I have the eqhost file set up to the emulator server.

I'm not knowledgeable about this shit especially macs so help me out please!

Thanks in advance
Old 12-11-2013, 01:26 AM
Skeleton

Okay thanks a lot for your help! Maybe I should just do that this is complicated as hell