Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-08-2015, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Had the same problem forever and tried all the fixes you tried and more.

Mine works now, without any issue. I use AMD RAMDISK. I hope this helps.

It is not your mouse, it is not your CPU, it is not WinEQ, it is not your video card and it isn't your SSD/HHD. I am sure your computer is just fine. Honestly I don't know what the exact issue is, but what I think it is: Poor programming. This game was originally coded back in the mid to late 90s and revised...how many times. Anyway, getting it to work is amazing, but due to our OP hardware now, I think the coding is a major factor.
Last edited by dafier; 10-08-2015 at 02:11 PM..
Old 10-09-2015, 01:51 AM
Large Bat

It's weird, but try changing your sky graphics quality to simple instead of complex, if it's complex that is, and see if that fixes it. Worked for me.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:05 PM
Banned

It just started working correctly again out of no where, i have no idea what the fuck was wrong or how it magically fixed itself. Thanks for all the help everyone, i'm going to go kill myself now.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:57 PM
Orc

Possible solution:

The issue is that even with a lot of memory and graphics and processing power, EQ still wants to utilize local files. My gaming system is a core i7 with 18gb of memory and a 1060 Nvidia OC video card with Logitech gaming KnM. Playing a bard even after all the tweaking it would still access the hard disk at the worst possible times.

I do not run SSDs (dont laugh) and knowing it was accessing the disk i installed a freeware ramdisk made or at least advertised by AMD. RadeonRamDisk. It is limited to 4gb for the free version but a full install of EQ is under that with HQ textures. Simple to use and thus far graphics are smooth as ever and actually better as expected. Apparently it was still access the disk almost endlessly.

So far, no 180 noscope deaths ... er no 180 degree spins since.

GL

As a side note you really need like 8gb or more to do this but it can be handy. They have a tutorial on their site for setup and they are well made.