Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2021, 03:44 PM
Kobold

Ran and found a shaman, with maxxed out str I quickly scored a new record (for me) 336 friggin damage!
I never knew I could reach this far!
FU DAD
Old 04-04-2021, 04:03 PM
Kobold

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

/flex
Old 04-04-2021, 04:15 PM
Kobold

I'm gonna take a break but damn... We're heading places fellow knights. Sure my DPS is that of a lvl 30 warrior and It's probably in the range of a off hand crippling blow, but I'm STOKED.
Please post your own, rules are: No crits, no discs(new rule). Photos are welcomed, not demanded! I trust you!
Old 04-04-2021, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

Get an avatar from a 60 shaman. do it for science. emeralds aren't that expensive.
6 minute duration
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 04-04-2021, 11:42 PM
Planar Protector

Atk boost will increase damage. My rogue gets higher max hits with ranger atk buff.
Old 04-05-2021, 04:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycohunden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or is there some warrior disc that makes them hit harder?
Fellstrike makes war hit harder.
Old 04-06-2021, 04:35 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fellstrike makes war hit harder.
Thank you. Yes, should have added "No discs" to the no crit in thread...
This challenge becomes more narrow by the post.
Mostly just want to see what the ceiling is at. Still can't top my 339 and still waiting for that epic 333...
Old 04-06-2021, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycohunden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still, can't wrap my head around how a 43/43 weapon could hit that hard... I just started this as a fun experiment since I guessed the a Weighted Axe would be the hardest hitting weapon with the changes to the delay influencing weapon damage. It's a bit tedious to test though with a 45/150. With a crit though, 400 is in the ball park, but without I find it hard to fathom. Of course I'm not calling you a liar, just having a hard time grasping the possibility, my highest hit with the Frostreaver is like 230...
A Frostreaver is never going to hit anything near that hard for a normal hit. If that happened it would have to be a crit or something. FYI, STR up until it's maxed will increase your maximum hit and attack will increase the likeness of doing more damage. You can go find the 2hand damage formula that includes the pre and post Velious 2hander bonus, I think somewhere on the wiki links back to a post made by the devs. You can use that to figure out the max on a weapon.

Quote:
I'm gonna take a break but damn... We're heading places fellow knights. Sure my DPS is that of a lvl 30 warrior and It's probably in the range of a off hand crippling blow, but I'm STOKED.
Please post your own, rules are: No crits, no discs(new rule). Photos are welcomed, not demanded! I trust you!
My Paladin (who has strength maxed) probably has a hardest hit, non crit, of 326 with Great Spear of Dawn. That's my highest damage weapon but I infrequently use it because I have the Vulak and Tunare weapons which have much better dps.

Speaking of DPS, a knight's damage is going to be better than you think it is if you have a good weapon. After I proc Avatar with primal I still miss more than I would like but land plenty of big hits. Sometimes doing +600 a round, sometimes +700 if you count DD procs. Sometimes I use Frostwrath which also puts out decent dps. You aren't going to top the charts in any serious all things being equal comparison but I know for a fact that I parse higher than for example a 54 rogue in encounters ranging from Seb to Tunare. Which is fine, you aren't a dps class.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 04-07-2021, 03:08 AM
Kobold

Seems like for the hardest hits you need the https://wiki.project1999.com/A_Weighted_Axe

I use different weapons for dps obviously, but it seems that delay bonuses makes a weighted axe the number one weapon for hitting hard. Which of course is meaningless since we're not seeing the classic formula where you could open with a hella slow weapon then switch to a weapon with standard delay skipping the first weapons delay.
Also seems like the 2H delay bonus is way lower than in pre luclin classic, comparing the hits I'm seeing with what's stated on historical forum posts.
i would like to see a warrior use the a weighted axe combined with the riposte disc though
Old 04-28-2021, 12:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A Frostreaver is never going to hit anything near that hard for a normal hit. If that happened it would have to be a crit or something. FYI, STR up until it's maxed will increase your maximum hit and attack will increase the likeness of doing more damage. You can go find the 2hand damage formula that includes the pre and post Velious 2hander bonus, I think somewhere on the wiki links back to a post made by the devs. You can use that to figure out the max on a weapon.

My Paladin (who has strength maxed) probably has a hardest hit, non crit, of 326 with Great Spear of Dawn. That's my highest damage weapon but I infrequently use it because I have the Vulak and Tunare weapons which have much better dps.

Speaking of DPS, a knight's damage is going to be better than you think it is if you have a good weapon. After I proc Avatar with primal I still miss more than I would like but land plenty of big hits. Sometimes doing +600 a round, sometimes +700 if you count DD procs. Sometimes I use Frostwrath which also puts out decent dps. You aren't going to top the charts in any serious all things being equal comparison but I know for a fact that I parse higher than for example a 54 rogue in encounters ranging from Seb to Tunare. Which is fine, you aren't a dps class.
I've lost to Snails in DPS plenty of times on trash mobs where I happen to miss most of my backstabs or he has a long string of max hits. Its not common, but it happens, that Tunare sword boosted by avatar is a beast.